Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > General Discussion / Chat > Clubhouse, Kinzville Park

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2008, 12:30 AM   #11
happy holidays!
Gift Trainee

WebkinzRaccoon is just really niceWebkinzRaccoon is just really nice

Default Re: This is a new one for me!

View Post Originally Posted by vivalawebkinz
I'm sorry, i disagree with you here. It is NOT Ganz nor CYBERSPACE who are suppose to parent here, it is the mom and dad at home who are to monitor what their children access on the internet, mom and dad who are to teach from right and wrong , who are to go into the Webkinz's chat rooms and see for themselves and ultimately decide the granted access or not to the chat rooms.

WEBKINZ has done their job, their job is to provide a service/entertainment and it is the PARENTS who are to decide whether their child/children partake in that service.
I have too agree with you there.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Also maybe you shouldn't have reported them. It could have been a little kid who didn't know better. Plus even if you did want to send them a webkinz (lol just speaking hypothetically..) The kinzchat plus is very strict about wording so it would be impossible to get the address, seeing as they don't allow numbers either. So basically it was a harmless convo, seeing as it would be impossible to send the person a webkinz..

And since obviously the person (kid ..) didn't know better it was the parent who was to make sure, moniter the kid a few times while using KC+ and talking over the rules with them.
WebkinzRaccoon is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2008, 11:24 AM   #12
xoxotoria509xoxo
Webkinz :)

wierdox373 is an unknown quantity at this point

omg that is amazing that someone would ask that and theey should have let you report him
Old 08-29-2008, 12:01 PM   #13
Webkinz :)

vivalawebkinz is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by WebkinzRaccoon
I have too agree with you there.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Also maybe you shouldn't have reported them. It could have been a little kid who didn't know better. Plus even if you did want to send them a webkinz (lol just speaking hypothetically..) The kinzchat plus is very strict about wording so it would be impossible to get the address, seeing as they don't allow numbers either. So basically it was a harmless convo, seeing as it would be impossible to send the person a webkinz..

And since obviously the person (kid ..) didn't know better it was the parent who was to make sure, moniter the kid a few times while using KC+ and talking over the rules with them.
i agree with you too....i personally would not have reported the kid asking for a webkinz...it was a harmless conversation and impossible to have recevied a Webkinz let alone personal iformation...you are correct! From reading other posts it seems that many people in the chat rooms are "trigger" happy in reporting everyone on every little petty issue, its sounds so silly...
Old 08-29-2008, 12:44 PM   #14
Gifted

junner is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by vivalawebkinz
I'm sorry, i disagree with you here. It is NOT Ganz nor CYBERSPACE who are suppose to parent here, it is the mom and dad at home who are to monitor what their children access on the internet, mom and dad who are to teach from right and wrong , who are to go into the Webkinz's chat rooms and see for themselves and ultimately decide the granted access or not to the chat rooms.

WEBKINZ has done their job, their job is to provide a service/entertainment and it is the PARENTS who are to decide whether their child/children partake in that service.
First of all, I'm not a child; I'm 21 years old, and I've been online since I was 10. I know whats right and wrong on the Internet, but unfortunatly, a lot of kids don't, and I don't want another child to somehow give out personal info and be tricked like that. Who knows how many 8 or 9 year olds sent the "grant access" email to their own accounts, and their parents don't know they're talking online to someone they don't know? I reported that particular user because I want him to know its not OK to ask people that. It could lead to problems. I was sad that Webkinz might not have done anything about it.
junner is offline Female
Old 08-29-2008, 12:58 PM   #15
kellyschrvr will become famous soon enough

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by junner
First of all, I'm not a child; I'm 21 years old, and I've been online since I was 10. I know whats right and wrong on the Internet, but unfortunatly, a lot of kids don't, and I don't want another child to somehow give out personal info and be tricked like that. Who knows how many 8 or 9 year olds sent the "grant access" email to their own accounts, and their parents don't know they're talking online to someone they don't know? I reported that particular user because I want him to know its not OK to ask people that. It could lead to problems. I was sad that Webkinz might not have done anything about it.
I understand why you did this

I'm a mom and my son isn't allowed in there... My son is young and he is always on a computer in my view... He is made aware of why he isn't allowed in there, and the dangers of what you say to people online, and the fact that you never really know how exactly your are online with...

I've seen a few people in the trading room telling others to send them something in kinz post... and they "promise" to send something back...

It is sad, but even some kids that are old enough will still act inappropriate..

But I'm gonna say that I would have done the same as you.. and I'm 28 and not a kid either, and it is important for the adults on there to try to keep the kids safe too
kellyschrvr is offline Female
Old 08-30-2008, 12:05 PM   #16
oot woot! I'm
Gifted

catlover013 is on a distinguished road

I think you did right in reporting them. It unacceptable to ask something like that and you're not even allowed to give out personal info so why would you volunteer it? That's just not smart, and I don't understand why you got that letter. If you are breaking the rules you need to be reported.
catlover013 is offline Female
Closed