Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > General Discussion / Chat > Clubhouse, Kinzville Park

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2012, 12:26 PM   #11
•| ❣️ ѕoх ❣️ |•
Webkinz :)

luvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicness
luvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: Need To Vent About The Chat System (kinz chat plus)

View Post Originally Posted by RandomyesIam
I know there are many that think the chat system is perfectly fine and some don't. I honestly think that the Chat system/Ban system is extremely flawed. It needs to be fixed big time. Things that need fixing are:
The red highlight needs to come back
The rules need to be listed by number so you can clearly see what isn't allowed.
Certain words need to be removed that are not appropriate.
The lag time when someone reports some one else and the monitors receive it. I think if the monitors get the report 2 weeks after the actual incident, the report it should be void/discarded. The lag time should be limited to a week and no longer. Reason being, so many people wouldn't have to freak out or wonder why they are banned if they happen to log on and find they are banned. When really they are being banned for something that happened weeks ago. I think that's unfair.
-If someone gets banned, they should be able to see the reason and the chat log to limit people from calling.
-If Ganz makes a mistake and bans the wrong person they should be able to lift the ban off completely. I've heard some cases where they have and Ganz isn't able to lift it completely. Only lower the time.

One thing I am questioning is if all the rooms are being monitored? Why do reports need to be sent out? If Ganz is constantly watching the room then why are they missing people breaking the rules? That just doesn't make sense.
I agree. And if they say they're watching the rooms why do the people doing bad things get a slap on the wrist when the people that didn't do anything get silenced or banned forever or over a month? Doesn't make sense. I liked the system at first but I don't really like it anymore
luvzfrogs is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2012, 03:29 PM   #12
CosmicThunder

RandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by luvzfrogs
I agree. And if they say they're watching the rooms why do the people doing bad things get a slap on the wrist when the people that didn't do anything get silenced or banned forever or over a month? Doesn't make sense. I liked the system at first but I don't really like it anymore
Exactly it just doesn't make any sense. If someone is saying bad words or being inappropriate then why aren't they being banned right on the spot? My thought is only certain rooms that are completely full are being watched. And rooms with 4 people or less aren't.

Personal random story:
I remember being on Webkinz one time and one of my friends was asking inappropriate questions and I did my best to ignore it. *About 4 more of my friends were in there as well.* So the next day I log on and 4 of my friends and myself were banned forever. The person who asked all the bad questions and was displaying horrible behavior wasn't even banned at all! Not even for a few hours or anything, they were let off the hook. Now for some reason if we were all banned forever due to a situation a few weeks ago I can see that. If that's true then why was the friend breaking the rules not banned that day? (They haven't been banned at all, ever) My guess, the room wasn't being watched.
RandomyesIam is offline Male
Old 10-22-2012, 07:44 AM   #13
Majesty84

Arte's Fan is a creator of wonder
Arte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonder

Exactly it just doesn't make any sense. If someone is saying bad words or being inappropriate then why aren't they being banned right on the spot? My thought is only certain rooms that are completely full are being watched. And rooms with 4 people or less aren't.

Personal random story:
I remember being on Webkinz one time and one of my friends was asking inappropriate questions and I did my best to ignore it. *About 4 more of my friends were in there as well.* So the next day I log on and 4 of my friends and myself were banned forever. The person who asked all the bad questions and was displaying horrible behavior wasn't even banned at all! Not even for a few hours or anything, they were let off the hook. Now for some reason if we were all banned forever due to a situation a few weeks ago I can see that. If that's true then why was the friend breaking the rules not banned that day? (They haven't been banned at all, ever) My guess, the room wasn't being watched.

How do you know this person wasn't banned? That is completely unfair in any case. One time a rep told me they have no way of lifting bans, yet a friend of mine got banned for no reason and they said she lifted her ban completely. So, let me get this straight..... You can do something wrong and not get banned for it but if you do something right you get banned? I've seen lots of people doing inappropriate things and they are there for a long time and I might say you'll get banned for and they're like "No I won't." They seem very confident too. But, if you report that person constantly to get the message across to Ganz you get banned for too many reports. I've also seen some people use bad language and they are still there.
Arte's Fan is offline Female
Old 10-22-2012, 01:44 PM   #14
CosmicThunder

RandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonder

View Post Originally Posted by Arte's Fan
How do you know this person wasn't banned? That is completely unfair in any case. One time a rep told me they have no way of lifting bans, yet a friend of mine got banned for no reason and they said she lifted her ban completely. So, let me get this straight..... You can do something wrong and not get banned for it but if you do something right you get banned? I've seen lots of people doing inappropriate things and they are there for a long time and I might say you'll get banned for and they're like "No I won't." They seem very confident too. But, if you report that person constantly to get the message across to Ganz you get banned for too many reports. I've also seen some people use bad language and they are still there.

Well I'm still friends with the person and they told me they have never been banned, not once. I think Ganz needs to be consistent with the information they are telling people. There is a way of lifting bans or silences. I think Ganz just needs to pay attention more of what people are saying in the clubhouse instead of relying on reports they get from users. I would honestly like to know how exactly they watch the rooms.
RandomyesIam is offline Male
Old 10-22-2012, 02:31 PM   #15
Majesty84

Arte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonder

Well I'm still friends with the person and they told me they have never been banned, not once. I think Ganz needs to be consistent with the information they are telling people. There is a way of lifting bans or silences. I think Ganz just needs to pay attention more of what people are saying in the clubhouse instead of relying on reports they get from users. I would honestly like to know how exactly they watch the rooms.

That stinks. I agree about how they need to be consistent. Perhaps they are watching the rooms with headphones, listening to music and their eyes closed.
Old 10-30-2012, 12:59 PM   #16

jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!jadewarlock is not just visiting!

The phrase "Maybe next time you will listen" is NOT appropriate and actually doesn't teach anything. Saying "Please listen next time or it will happen again" is a bit better because it reinforces the fact that you did something wrong and that if you do it again it will happen again.

I think that the way they've changed it based on what's being said is just ridiculous. They broke something that was fixed - because when you had banned words (in red) and tried to hit send you were silenced because the item would NOT send until you fixed it.

And - in my job where phonetics is important, one can find at least 20 ways to spell out variations of banned words, type them into the banned list and then make them red to where the person cannot send them if they tried.

I totally understand that Ganz has a lot on its plate; however things like this will ONLY cause people to run away from any and all programs and business they produce. And yes, I know of a few people who have been so irritated with Ganz regarding Webkinz they don't even purchase pens, stickers and other non-Webkinz related items that Ganz makes.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:25 PM   #17
Googles Club

demogorgon is headed for the top!demogorgon is headed for the top!demogorgon is headed for the top!demogorgon is headed for the top!demogorgon is headed for the top!demogorgon is headed for the top!demogorgon is headed for the top!demogorgon is headed for the top!demogorgon is headed for the top!demogorgon is headed for the top!demogorgon is headed for the top!demogorgon is headed for the top!

View Post Originally Posted by graceroxx
Yeah, I hate the new KC+. The only word I'm not scared to say is "hi." xD
I am afraid to say that.
demogorgon is offline Male
Old 11-01-2012, 05:18 PM   #18
Truly Gifted :)
Gifted

mattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicness
mattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicnessmattyboo1 is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by Arte's Fan
Sorry to vent but I am just annoyed with the bannings and warnings for basically no reason. I know this is old news but I figured Ganz would have fixed it by now. I was in kinz chat plus today and my younger webkinz friend was telling me about how some pet was bullying her in the park and I was giving her suggestions (very kindly and not to get her in trouble) and I kept getting warnings for bans. I wasn't cursing or using any type of bad language. Just typing words that I guess weren't in their new chat system. I kept using different words and ways to form sentences to try to avoid anymore warnings but it didn't work. Then, suddenly I got a message: "This Is Your First Warning". So, I stopped talking to my friend about helping her withe bully. Then, I got a message: "You've Been Silenced For One Minute, Next Time Follow The Rules". OK that's insulting. I've been following the rules. If Ganz doesn't want us to use certain regular words they need to spend lots of time fixing the chat system. I switched to my back up account because the one minute silence wasn't fixed after two minutes and I was trying to tell my friend that I was sorry I missed her party because the party didn't go through for me. It took me several sentences to get that out because every time I said something I got a ban warning.

Again, sorry I know this is old news I just needed to vent.

Thanks for listening.
they are banning people for no reason this is getting crazy now

I know there are many that think the chat system is perfectly fine and some don't. I honestly think that the Chat system/Ban system is extremely flawed. It needs to be fixed big time. Things that need fixing are:
The red highlight needs to come back
The rules need to be listed by number so you can clearly see what isn't allowed.
Certain words need to be removed that are not appropriate.
The lag time when someone reports some one else and the monitors receive it. I think if the monitors get the report 2 weeks after the actual incident, the report it should be void/discarded. The lag time should be limited to a week and no longer. Reason being, so many people wouldn't have to freak out or wonder why they are banned if they happen to log on and find they are banned. When really they are being banned for something that happened weeks ago. I think that's unfair.
-If someone gets banned, they should be able to see the reason and the chat log to limit people from calling.
-If Ganz makes a mistake and bans the wrong person they should be able to lift the ban off completely. I've heard some cases where they have and Ganz isn't able to lift it completely. Only lower the time.

One thing I am questioning is if all the rooms are being monitored? Why do reports need to be sent out? If Ganz is constantly watching the room then why are they missing people breaking the rules? That just doesn't make sense.
they should be able to lift it i have seen bans lifted before i have never been banned myself though

Last edited by mattyboo1; 11-01-2012 at 05:18 PM..
mattyboo1 is offline Male
Old 11-04-2012, 05:48 PM   #19

Dianah25 has lots of talentDianah25 has lots of talentDianah25 has lots of talentDianah25 has lots of talentDianah25 has lots of talentDianah25 has lots of talentDianah25 has lots of talentDianah25 has lots of talentDianah25 has lots of talentDianah25 has lots of talentDianah25 has lots of talentDianah25 has lots of talentDianah25 has lots of talentDianah25 has lots of talentDianah25 has lots of talent

I know it's so annoying. Like I was at the kinzville park in KC+ and I was singing one direction on the stage thing and after I said "Get Out Get Out Get Outta My Mind" and then as a joke "Literally" i got a message saying "This is you first warning." Totally unfair! I agree with all that everyone else said. Maybe it only warns you when someone else reports you. Sometimes people report innocent people as a joke. I could go on like this forever! They should specifically list what is considered bad, but one word we're allowed to say, i tried, is 'death.'
Old 11-07-2012, 08:13 AM   #20
Majesty84

I think blue text and red text is for mods only.
Closed

Tags
tigerdove is here