Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > General Discussion / Chat > Clubhouse, Kinzville Park

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2010, 02:57 PM   #11
Bunny was awesome!
Gift Guru

kinzmom1924 is a forum hero
kinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum herokinzmom1924 is a forum hero

Default Re: This is just a tad bit annoying

View Post Originally Posted by Ranger1985
I guess because you're in the Trading Room, people expect that's what you're there to do (which really is not an unreasonable expectation). They may not realize that you're watching the chatter to see if an item you're interested in gets talked about. If that's the case, let them know that's what you're doing - it may help.

However, if you just want to have a conversation, the best thing you can do so you're not bothered is ask the person you're chatting with to trade - you can't be invited to trade if you're already in one, so to speak. It's either that or choose an empty room.
View Post Originally Posted by Sherbetpuppy
I agree if someone wants to simply chat they should try a different clubhouse room.

What gets me is when someone says "I have -insert item here- for trade" I will go over, ask what they want. I will be mid conversation when someone invites me to trade.
I don't have a problem with someone inviting me to trade (I'm there to trade to begin with) but when I'm negotiating a trade with someone else, it's a tad bit annoying. If I click no, I get someone very angry with me, if I click yes, I miss out on trading with the person I wanted to.
I agree. Very valid points here. You might be annoyed by people asking you to trade, but put yourself in their shoes. They are in the room to trade and naturally assume that's why others are there too. The best place for an uninterrupted conversation is in one of the more social rooms in the clubouse - there are many to choose from.

I went into the trade rooms yesterday for the first time in eons. And I didn't stay long because all I could find were a bunch of webbies lined up in front of the room chatting.... no one wanted to trade. They are the trading rooms. I left after five minutes. Just makes me appreciate the GE here even more!
kinzmom1924 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2010, 03:28 PM   #12
Webkinz :)

berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!berribrite is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by gma2r
I will tell you what gets to me. It's those people who invite you to trade. You say hello and ask if they are looking for anything and they respond, no, just show me your stuff or even better, show me the best you have. I always go out of my way not to be rude to anyone, but it is very tempting for me to say "I am not a showroom". Especially in the case of those who want to see your "best item" because they usually want it and then offer coupons, food, or something they got for free off a wheel. I have a movie screen it took me two months of work to earn enough to buy and can not believe what people offer. And then finally, when you are not willing to trade something special for the hat from the wheel of wow, they call you mean. And then there are the cryers. Do not get me started down that street! What exactly do they hope will happen when they cry, cry, cry?

AMEN!!!

I also think it is annoying when someone invites me and I put up a varity three items (usually unique clothes, a rare and a pet item) and the other person rates mine with smiles but then doesn't put anything up. I understand slow computers but you can tell when someone is just stalling. After the big wait, they come back with wshop, gift box shoes or coupons and of course they usually hit trade right away...when I change my items to be an equal value to theirs they don't want them so they are very aware of the value of items. Yesterday someone even told me I hat you. I was annoyed by their trading style but the final comment was sad, a little funny, but sad.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:35 PM   #13
chenoa890
chenoa890 has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by berribrite
AMEN!!!

I also think it is annoying when someone invites me and I put up a varity three items (usually unique clothes, a rare and a pet item) and the other person rates mine with smiles but then doesn't put anything up. I understand slow computers but you can tell when someone is just stalling. After the big wait, they come back with wshop, gift box shoes or coupons and of course they usually hit trade right away...when I change my items to be an equal value to theirs they don't want them so they are very aware of the value of items. Yesterday someone even told me I hat you. I was annoyed by their trading style but the final comment was sad, a little funny, but sad.
happens to me too. and i don't even trade that much. They always offer recipe foods and ask for superbeds.
chenoa890 is offline Female
Old 01-29-2010, 06:41 PM   #14
eAreYoung
Gifted

DIBS is not just visiting!DIBS is not just visiting!DIBS is not just visiting!DIBS is not just visiting!DIBS is not just visiting!DIBS is not just visiting!DIBS is not just visiting!DIBS is not just visiting!DIBS is not just visiting!DIBS is not just visiting!DIBS is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by Sherbetpuppy
When I'm the trading room, I'll be talking to someone, either about trading or just in general. Random people decide to invite me, then get very rude when I say no. Or I say yes, and they ask for random items. Usually I don't mind this, but it feels like they simply are inviting me, so I cannot talk to the person I was chatting with.

Does this ever seem to happen to anyone else?
And what do you do to be polite, but avoid it?
Any help would be appreciated, it happens rather often to me.

This happens a lot to me, and I mean it. I LOVE hanging out with my buddies in the trading rooms! Somehow its just the perfect spot! But the people there are either wanting to bug you, or they just want to trade. After all it IS the trading room. If they request, and you don't want to be interrupted, just click no, confront them and ask them politely to stop requesting, and ask them maybe another time as I am talking with a friend. That is the nice way. But you can't blame them, they are only doing what the room requires! :/

Now to answer your questions...

1. Does this ever seem to happen to anyone else?
Yes, lots of people, including myself.

2. What do you do to be polite, but avoid it?
If they request, and you don't want to be interrupted, just click no, confront them and ask them politely to stop requesting, and ask them maybe another time as I am talking with a friend. That is the nice way. But you can't blame them, they are only doing what the room requires! :/

3. Help? If you don't feel like asking them to stop, just keep ignoring them and clicking no to their requests, no matter how many times. They will eventually be tired out and stop.

Hope this helps you!
DIBS is offline Male
Old 02-02-2010, 01:22 AM   #15
Wat

sapphire6868 wows us all with wondersapphire6868 wows us all with wondersapphire6868 wows us all with wondersapphire6868 wows us all with wondersapphire6868 wows us all with wondersapphire6868 wows us all with wondersapphire6868 wows us all with wondersapphire6868 wows us all with wondersapphire6868 wows us all with wonder

I also go out of my way to be nice. When I ask for kinz style and people put up things that I don't really like, I always just say "Sorry, but I have that item. Do you have more?" When so many people just say " I don't like your items. Bye." to me.
sapphire6868 is offline Female
Old 02-03-2010, 02:19 PM   #16
Chain of Love
Gifted

chmoneybags is the cats pajamas!chmoneybags is the cats pajamas!chmoneybags is the cats pajamas!chmoneybags is the cats pajamas!chmoneybags is the cats pajamas!chmoneybags is the cats pajamas!

I try very hard to be polite in my trades but as of late, I'm in a mood with traders these days who CRY, CRY, Cry when they don't get from you what they want...
I offer them CHEESE to go with that "whine"

My inside joke that makes me feel better if nothing else.

View Post Originally Posted by gma2r
I will tell you what gets to me. It's those people who invite you to trade. You say hello and ask if they are looking for anything and they respond, no, just show me your stuff or even better, show me the best you have. I always go out of my way not to be rude to anyone, but it is very tempting for me to say "I am not a showroom". Especially in the case of those who want to see your "best item" because they usually want it and then offer coupons, food, or something they got for free off a wheel. I have a movie screen it took me two months of work to earn enough to buy and can not believe what people offer. And then finally, when you are not willing to trade something special for the hat from the wheel of wow, they call you mean. And then there are the cryers. Do not get me started down that street! What exactly do they hope will happen when they cry, cry, cry?

Last edited by chmoneybags; 02-03-2010 at 02:30 PM..
chmoneybags is offline Female
Closed