Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > General Discussion / Chat > Clubhouse, Kinzville Park

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2012, 08:04 PM   #1
CosmicThunder
Webkinz :)

RandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonderRandomyesIam wows us all with wonder

Default Complaints about values

Okay I don't know it this thread will be deleted or not cause I have no idea if this counts as trade talk but...Sometimes when I go into the trading room or Restaurant I hear some people say

"Aargh why can't those be given out in a promo/Those are too hard to get/Too much value/ ect.)"

Basically people are complaining that high valued items are not fair and should just be handed out. For example shutter shades or rockstar glasses. Those used to be super popular and valuable a year or go. Not everyone could get their hands on a t-shirt for a code to even access the choices to get those clothes. Now Ganz is handing them out in a rockerz challenge and because of that the value has gone way down.

The same with the purple slippers or slips as it used to be called. If Ganz keeps handing out these high valued items or at least making them more available what's going to happen to trading? High valued items won't be as valuable, people will get less then what they were waiting for over time. I've heard of some holding on to high valued items then Bam its given out the next day in a promo or something. Now that's not fair. Some people worked really hard to get those items and deserve to get what they wanted in the long run. I don't know about you or has anyone else thought about this?
RandomyesIam is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2012, 08:26 PM   #2
GLUB GLUB ♥
Gift Guru

Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!
Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!Blythe is a def. WINNER!

Default Re: Complaints about values

Firstly, this isn't considered trade talk. Trade talk is for example: I traded my X for your Y. Talking about what items you specifically exchanged in a trade. You can however say I got Shutter Shades in the trading room today! As long as you don't go into what you traded for them. If I traded them to you, I don't think you can even mention my name. Pretty much anything about trading details, other then what you received isn't allowed. Most other things, such as values are fair game.

Thoughts like this are always on our minds. Especially how ganz has been recently. I don't trade many clothes, but I disagree and agree with things coming back. I love that they are giving people more opportunities to get these items, and making them more available. But it really stinks when they become available. Sure you can get more of them, but you could already have three you traded valuable and priceless items away for them.

I think that the slippers and shutter shades are a bit different then the long retired items. They were never retired officially. Trading cards can still be purchased and t-shirts and such can still be found, though no longer in production. So, bringing them back and making them available wasn't the difference in long retired and not. It was just about them being available. I mean, it stinks for those that traded valued items for them, and that they've gone down in value. But they're still desired items. People still love shutter shades and slips, just less desired in trading. But people still like them. That probably won't change.

If the promotion vanishes for a little while, they might go up again. All clothes and items go through a cycle. It stinks that these went through this sort of cycle. What's worst is the long retired items, such as the Mr. Moo candy bar that came back as a challenge prize after being retired since 2005! I'm glad ganz gave everyone a chance to get one, but items like that most definitely shouldn't return. I think they need to think over which items they bring back a little better.

But personally, I like that they gave people the opportunity to win shuts. But it does stink for people that traded highly for them.
Blythe is offline Female
Old 08-29-2012, 08:32 PM   #3
yournotme
Gift Guru

yournotme is a WI addict!
yournotme is a WI addict!yournotme is a WI addict!yournotme is a WI addict!yournotme is a WI addict!yournotme is a WI addict!yournotme is a WI addict!yournotme is a WI addict!yournotme is a WI addict!

Donation Award 

Hi RandomyesIam,

I know it's hard when you have something and you think it's special and rare and then before you know it ~ WHAM ~ it's a click to win or a challenge prize. I just think this is Ganz way of offering the item to others who may not have had the opportunity to previously get it. Not to mention how brilliant on their part to guarantee anyone who wanted them would purchase a pet they may not have really considered.

How many people actually had a Mr.Moo bar before that challenge? Think of all the people who worked so hard to obtain the Go Go Googles trophy only to see it given to anyone who could spell Googles once and on their first try ( I can think of a few who weren't to happy about that). How many of us spent a fortune on trading cards just to see the items given away on bloggerhood. Even the last Zingoz fest gave away a *retired* bubble blower. I don't think Ganz is concerned with trading values just making customers happy and giving them a reason to spend money on their products.

I'm personally hoping for a Lava lamp challenge or click to win in the future . Maybe even that retired tea cart I never had the opportunity to get...
Old 08-29-2012, 08:41 PM   #4
ebkinz ExtravaGANZa!

extravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicness
extravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicnessextravaGANZa is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by yournotme
Hi RandomyesIam,

I know it's hard when you have something and you think it's special and rare and then before you know it ~ WHAM ~ it's a click to win or a challenge prize. I just think this is Ganz way of offering the item to others who may not have had the opportunity to previously get it. Not to mention how brilliant on their part to guarantee anyone who wanted them would purchase a pet they may not have really considered.

How many people actually had a Mr.Moo bar before that challenge? Think of all the people who worked so hard to obtain the Go Go Googles trophy only to see it given to anyone who could spell Googles once and on their first try ( I can think of a few who weren't to happy about that). How many of us spent a fortune on trading cards just to see the items given away on bloggerhood. Even the last Zingoz fest gave away a *retired* bubble blower. I don't think Ganz is concerned with trading values just making customers happy and giving them a reason to spend money on their products.

I'm personally hoping for a Lava lamp challenge or click to win in the future . Maybe even that retired tea cart I never had the opportunity to get...
Exactly, Ganz knows that there is so much more to Webkinz World than Valued items. Of course I love when Ganz lets us all have the hard to get items because I couldn't get them when I first joined, but I do understand how the values of many items have been lost due to Events and challenges.

But when I am in the Trading rooms, there are still plenty of people who ask for Shuts and Slips and other items Ganz has made plentiful to members. So they are still in high demand.
extravaGANZa is offline Male
Old 08-29-2012, 08:44 PM   #5
Gifted

superpenguin is in a reputation heavensuperpenguin is in a reputation heavensuperpenguin is in a reputation heavensuperpenguin is in a reputation heavensuperpenguin is in a reputation heaven
superpenguin is in a reputation heavensuperpenguin is in a reputation heavensuperpenguin is in a reputation heavensuperpenguin is in a reputation heavensuperpenguin is in a reputation heavensuperpenguin is in a reputation heavensuperpenguin is in a reputation heaven

Well in my mind it's a risk in keeping the item if you plan on trading it. Only the Webkinz Day Gifts are confirmed to NEVER be repeated anywhere(yes there was one contest but it has like 5 winners).

You are risking keeping the item, and if you plan on trading it, you should kno at any point the value will go down or just keep going up(sorta like stocks). It's risky, and you have to be willing to take the risk if you want an item for trading.
superpenguin is offline Male
Old 08-29-2012, 08:54 PM   #6

thejabronisayz rocks our collective socksthejabronisayz rocks our collective socksthejabronisayz rocks our collective socksthejabronisayz rocks our collective socksthejabronisayz rocks our collective socksthejabronisayz rocks our collective socksthejabronisayz rocks our collective socksthejabronisayz rocks our collective socksthejabronisayz rocks our collective socks

As stated, this is not trade talk.

I don't know whether or not I am agreeing or disagreeing with you, but in response, I have always 110% been of the opinion that it is foolishness to trade items that were retired years and years ago, such as wacky jeans, white ears, plumpy glasses, etc for any of these "new" promo items and/or rocker type nonsense for the VERY reason that you described. The scenario goes as follows:

1. Trade wacky jeans for some promo item
2. Hold onto promo item because you want to wait until value is really high
3. Ganz has another contest/click to win where the promo item you got is offered.

Bam, you just gave your wacky jeans (an item which was offered once and will probably never be offered again) for an item that 90% of people now have.

My take on this matter is that you need to be very cerebral, very smart, and very careful about what you trade, how you trade, what you're trading, and what item you're trading for. You may say that it's unfair for Ganz to release in a new contest/promotional offer an item that is highly sought in the trading room. But, to play devil's advocate, part of the problem is also that people in the trading room CRAVE new items. Everyone wants the NEW items. That's why when items are initially NEW, their value is much higher than what they will eventually level off to. So, when a promo offer comes out with, for instance, the blue infant costume, some people are able to get it, but most people don't. As a result, the people who don't get it FOOLISHLY offer some very, very valuable items to get the blue infant costume. And then the scenario that I described above happens.

So, to be honest, the way I see it is that Ganz isn't doing anything wrong by offering these items in promotions/contests - the people in the trading room who arbitrarily assign such ridiculous values to those items are to blame, and perhaps the people who actually go ahead and give in by succumbing to the demands are even more at fault.

*For the record though, it is entirely possible for Ganz to also re-release wacky jeans, the witch hat, the pumpkin hat, white ears, silver tree, nutcracker, etc - it's just, in my opinion, far far less likely.
thejabronisayz is offline Male
Old 08-29-2012, 08:59 PM   #7
it's Olive ♥

Catlover200710 is #1 to the fourth.Catlover200710 is #1 to the fourth.Catlover200710 is #1 to the fourth.Catlover200710 is #1 to the fourth.
Catlover200710 is #1 to the fourth.Catlover200710 is #1 to the fourth.Catlover200710 is #1 to the fourth.Catlover200710 is #1 to the fourth.Catlover200710 is #1 to the fourth.Catlover200710 is #1 to the fourth.Catlover200710 is #1 to the fourth.Catlover200710 is #1 to the fourth.Catlover200710 is #1 to the fourth.Catlover200710 is #1 to the fourth.

I agree with you.
For some people, trading is really the only thing they ever do on WW. So they work hard to collect retired items and keep them. It's something they take pride in, which I think is okay (as long are their not rude or whatever.). Then to see something they've worked hard to get just handed out really angers them, I'm sure.
As for 'slips' and 'shuts', I guess they were never as valuable as retired items. (tho some people tried to make them. ) at least for shuts, you have to buy a pet in order to do the challenge.
Catlover200710 is offline Female
Old 09-01-2012, 01:04 PM   #8
•| ❣️ ѕoх ❣️ |•

luvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicness
luvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicnessluvzfrogs is epic beyond epicness

I agree with you. Ganz is just giving the items like it's candy. For shuts they were popular about a year ago. Now with the challenge not so much so. And people are trying to make them worth more then what they actually are. Like if you ask if they're for trade and someone says " only for wacky jeans" they aren't worth THAT much for wacky jeans. And people are making the promo items worth Wacky jeans, Purple witch hat, plumpy glasses etc. And people who don't get the promo items fooshishly offer very very valuable items for them.
luvzfrogs is offline Female
Old 09-01-2012, 02:55 PM   #9
Lil Kinz
CrazyWackyOhmy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

ya i agree.
CrazyWackyOhmy1 is offline Male
Old 09-03-2012, 09:43 AM   #10
Majesty84

Arte's Fan is a creator of wonder
Arte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonderArte's Fan is a creator of wonder

What annoys me is that people in the trade room value things differently than what they are. Like, you have an item you know is worth more than a certain item like a really rare psi or something and you try to trade for an item you know is worth the same or less and people laugh in your face saying their item is worth more when you know it isn't. Sometimes it's really hard getting a certain item you want and sometimes you have to go through desperate measures to get it, like offering items they would take to give you the item you want even though you know what they ask for is way too much. Sometimes you have to give in and remember it's only pixels.
Arte's Fan is offline Female
Closed

Tags
shellbellgotsatag!