Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > General Discussion / Chat > Clubhouse, Kinzville Park

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2010, 09:37 PM   #1
BOOM!
Gifted

vansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talent

Default Clubhouse Experiments

There have been lots of complaints about if you wear un-valuable clothing, you won't be traded with, and if you're wearing 'expensive', valuable clothing, everyone wants to trade with you.
First I am going to try wearing all Kinzstyle Outlet clothing in the clubhouse, and see how many people invite me to trade. Second, I am going to put on all deluxe clothing, and then see how many people invite me to trade. I will ask each person why they asked me to trade, and see what they say. I will post my 'research' results and notes on this thread.
Why am I doing these experiments? Because I want to know why, and how clubhouse inhabitants think and act. It really bothers me that your position in the clubhouse hierarchy depends on the clothes you wear!

Legend:
  1. Green- Kinzstyle Outlet clothing
  2. Blue-Deluxe Clothing
  3. Purple- Time and date

Reserved for results
  • Okay, so far, nobody has asked me to trade, and when I try talking to them, they ignore me. - 6:53 PM December 5, 2010

Last edited by vansquez; 12-05-2010 at 09:58 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2010, 09:39 PM   #2
MissEmmeGirl
Gifted
Emmegirl is a jewel in the roughEmmegirl is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: Clubhouse Experiments

Great experiment! Do you mind if I try it also, and share my results?

For both experiments I used my pink poodle, chose a full room, positioned her so her outfit could be seen clearly, and only said "Hi" on entering. Here's what happened in the first 10 minutes of each visit:

#1 - Cute but ordinary Outlet outfit (the same one in my signature below.) Two pets invited me to trade with them. They were very polite and wanted to trade nice things, but not the latest "hot" items. I was looking for two specific Curio Shop Only items (also not "hot") which they didn't have so we didn't end up trading.

#2 - Green Santa Suit (and green and white polka dot boots from the outlet). I heard people asking for it during my first experiment, so I figured it was rare enough. I received one offer to trade from someone who liked my outfit. It wasn't for trade, but they had the CSO I was looking for, so we traded. (I offered a much higher cost item that I hated for a lesser one I loved. Fair in my book!) That took a while. When it was over, I didn't get any more trade offers, but I got one question about my outfit.

I found both experiences pleasant and very similar. I think it helps to wear clothing that "matches" what you want to trade.

Last edited by Emmegirl; 12-06-2010 at 09:39 AM..
Emmegirl is offline Female
Old 12-05-2010, 09:40 PM   #3
Gratefully
Gifted

WillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all aroundWillWork4KC radiates beauty and kindness all around

I'll check in to see the results. Good Luck!
WillWork4KC is offline Female
Old 12-05-2010, 09:52 PM   #4
BOOM!
Gifted

vansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talentvansquez has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by Emmegirl
Great experiment! Do you mind if I try it also, and share my results?
Ooh, I think the results would be more accurate if we both tried! You can post the results on that post if you would like.
View Post Originally Posted by WillWork4KC
I'll check in to see the results. Good Luck!
Thanks! You guys are very supportive!

Okay, so far, nobody has asked me to trade, and when I try talking to them, they ignore me.

Last edited by vansquez; 12-05-2010 at 09:52 PM..
Old 12-05-2010, 09:55 PM   #5
;)
Webkinz :)

CandyCanez is a glorious beacon of lightCandyCanez is a glorious beacon of light

Great experiment idea! I'm sure once your wearing deluxe clothes, we can only assume you won't be ignored
CandyCanez is offline Female
Old 12-05-2010, 09:59 PM   #6

ra1727 has much to be proud ofra1727 has much to be proud ofra1727 has much to be proud ofra1727 has much to be proud ofra1727 has much to be proud of

i would try it too, but i dont have deluxe clothes. mind if i try it with other things? i could wear my gold dress and 3d instead
ra1727 is offline Female
Old 12-05-2010, 09:59 PM   #7
ho's back? Me!!
Gifted

animalover48 wows us all with wonderanimalover48 wows us all with wonderanimalover48 wows us all with wonderanimalover48 wows us all with wonderanimalover48 wows us all with wonderanimalover48 wows us all with wonderanimalover48 wows us all with wonderanimalover48 wows us all with wonderanimalover48 wows us all with wonderanimalover48 wows us all with wonder

Awesome experiment! I've noticed that too. When the new Oulet clothes came out I was wearing some in the clubhouse and no one wanted to trade with me. I asked a couple people to trade and they all said no. I asked one dog why they didn't trade with me and they said I didn't have good stuff. They didn't know what I had to offer! After that, I changed into my Orange Army shirt and Plumpy Glasses and some other good things and that same person was begging me to trade with them! It's just that old saying, don't judge a book by it's cover!
animalover48 is offline Female
Old 12-05-2010, 10:01 PM   #8
BOOM!
Gifted

View Post Originally Posted by CandyCanez
Great experiment idea! I'm sure once your wearing deluxe clothes, we can only assume you won't be ignored
Haha, you're probably right! Especially if I am in a non-deluxe room.
View Post Originally Posted by ra1727
i would try it too, but i dont have deluxe clothes. mind if i try it with other things? i could wear my gold dress and 3d instead
Go ahead! Yeah, I think that'll work too.
View Post Originally Posted by animalover48
Awesome experiment! I've noticed that too. When the new Oulet clothes came out I was wearing some in the clubhouse and no one wanted to trade with me. I asked a couple people to trade and they all said no. I asked one dog why they didn't trade with me and they said I didn't have good stuff. They didn't know what I had to offer! After that, I changed into my Orange Army shirt and Plumpy Glasses and some other good things and that same person was begging me to trade with them! It's just that old saying, don't judge a book by it's cover!
OMG, how . . . rude! That is the exact saying that goes with this experiment!

Unfortunately, I have to go for today, I will finish tomorrow!
Old 12-06-2010, 08:23 AM   #9

ra1727 has much to be proud ofra1727 has much to be proud ofra1727 has much to be proud ofra1727 has much to be proud ofra1727 has much to be proud of

ok thanx!!
ra1727 is offline Female
Old 12-06-2010, 08:52 AM   #10
Gifted

poobears is sweet stuff
poobears is sweet stuffpoobears is sweet stuffpoobears is sweet stuffpoobears is sweet stuffpoobears is sweet stuffpoobears is sweet stuff

I think you should also try the experiment in regular trading rooms and you'll see that it doesn't matter what you wear there, people will ask you to trade and will accept your invitations. I've gone in with no clothes there and I had just as many invites and accepted invites. Totally different than KC+. Interesting
Closed

Tags
crashkittenjr was here!