Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > General Discussion / Chat > Clubhouse, Kinzville Park

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2009, 10:14 PM   #1
loves her Signature
Webkinz :)

Kelight is a jewel in the roughKelight is a jewel in the rough

Exclamation Clubhouse Drama

(I just really need to rant right now, so I'm sorry if this is long, but I'm just in need of blowing some steam and reading other peoples' reactions/opinions...)

I will admit that from time to time, I do enjoy the occasional drama at the KinzChat Plus Clubhouse. It is practically the equivalence of real-life people watching (if any of you have ever done that, which I'm sure many of you have). Anyways, when doing said "Webkinz watching" I see Kinz desperate for a girlfriend/boyfriend/mom/etc. I see Webkinz compliment each others outfits and sometimes, I see some fights. And tonight was the latter, it was the meanest fight I have ever seen and I hope that this girl ends up banned from the clubhouse...period.

I went into one of the party rooms at about...nine thirty and immediately, the first thing that caught my eye was this gecko that was expressing the cry emoticon. So, seeing as I had nothing better to do, I decided to find out what was wrong. I didn't know that because of this simple action, I would end up spending an hour arguing and reporting a Webkinz user nonstop.

I found out that the gecko's name was Candy* and that the reason she was "crying" was due to the fact that somebody was bullying her. I sat down on one of the couches and ushered her to sit next to me. I chatted with her for a bit, calming her down and as a guess, I'm saying that she would be eight to ten years old. But anyways, she told me that she had been playing one of the games and when she was finished, someone called her mean. And soon enough, that Webkinz was sitting on the couch right next to us and running her mouth.

She was a Springer Spaniel named Sarah* and immediately she started saying things such as, 'Your outfit is gross', 'you need to get new clothes', etc. It wasn't obnoxious bullying, but it was excessive and it obviously was affecting Candy. So, I told Candy, 'Don't listen to what she says, I really like your outfit' and then I calmly began to talk to Sarah about how she was being rude and the Webkinz clubhouse is supposed to be a fun place, not for bullying and harassing.

Sarah called over one of her "friends", a Samoyed named Taylor* and said 'Let's make fun of the gecko'. I had gotten Candy to calm down, but she had read what Sarah had said and she became sad again. However, Taylor was not on Sarah's side and told the Samoyed that she shouldn't be mean. Eventually, the whole room was complimenting Candy's outfit and everything seemed to be turning out well. Yet Taylor continuously harassed Candy and while I was typing away, trying to settle everything, Sarah had left and Taylor successfully had reported Taylor.

So, the three of us, Candy, Taylor and my Clover, sat on the couches and we were calming Candy down. About a minute later, a Snowman named Carla* appeared, sat next to me on the couch, and said, 'I heard that there was a mean dog in here'. Instantly, something went off in my head. In the back of my mind, I knew that it was Sarah, but just to be safe, I played along.

Taylor and I talked to Carla about Sarah and after five minutes, Carla said, 'But I'm that dog' and I quickly said, 'I knew it'. She asked how I knew it and I explained to her that it was impossible for a Webkinz to come in a minute after Sarah left and know about the argument. I said that if she wanted to get away with it (I shouldn't have said this) then she should've waited a couple of minutes.

Carla/Sarah went off on Candy again - poor thing - and all three of us continuously reported her. The snowman left and once again, we were calming down and everything was all right.

Now, if you couldve guessed it, the room had died down a bit, but a Lil' Kinz Pig named Wally* entered the room. He sat down next to us and said something about the dog. Right away I told Wally that he was Sarah/Carla and Wally admitted to it and asked how I knew. So I told him/her and now, it was only the three of us.

Candy brought up something about Wally's family, saying that he/she probably didn't have a good family life and that's why they were mean. Instantly, I told her that that wasn't the right thing to do, but Wally flipped out and started yelling at her. My computer started to freeze up, so even now, I don't know what they said.

When my computer went back to normal, Candy said that she would pray to God for Wally and Wally said the he/she was an orphan and their parents were mean and such. But once again, my computer froze up and when I came back, the two of them seemed okay. I tried to be nice to Wally, saying that if he/she wanted, we could be friends and they could talk about anything to me.

That is, until Wally said, 'I like to tease you two'.

I'm surprised that I stayed very calm throughout the whole thing, and when Candy brought up the crying emoticon again, in between the sentences that I typed, I began reporting Wally. Wally would shout, 'Why don't you go run to your mommy?' or 'Stop being a cry baby.' and it was all very aggravating.

I tried to keep talking, but my computer froze up again, so I had to shut everything down.

The fact that this Webkinz user got away with all of that bullying upsets me. I don't understand how the Ganz reporting system works because throughout that one hour in the chat room, he/she must have ended up being reported at least five to ten times. I felt incredibly bad for Candy, but she is on my friends list so I will talk to her the next time I see her. She was such a sweetheart and I'm just glad that she's okay.

What I also don't understand is that in a room full of ten Webkinz, you can read everything that's happening. And throughout that whole hour, nobody bothered dealing with what was going on. Maybe I'm too caring to other Webkinz users, because when I read that hurtful stuff, I immediately tell the other Webkinz that it's not nice to say mean things on a kids' site. In fact, a few days ago, my younger sister (not that young) was called a "hitch" because she wouldn't give another Webkinz her Panda Chute.

I don't know what else to say...sorry that this is so long.

* names have been changed for the sake for the users
Kelight is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2009, 10:38 PM   #2
T_T
I'm hungry for some

T_T is a glorious beacon of lightT_T is a glorious beacon of lightT_T is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: Clubhouse Drama

I read the whole thing. It was kind of stupid for the harrasser to come back within the same minute. Ganz's system probably doesn't work, as it is in the Alpha stages. Don't let it get to you. In the end, she'll be in jail [or somewhere around there], and Candy will be a rocket scientist.

Do you like my metaphor?
T_T is offline Male
Old 07-04-2009, 10:45 PM   #3
loves her Signature

Kelight is a jewel in the roughKelight is a jewel in the rough

I do like your metaphor and I like your hypothesis for the future.

I talked to Candy* about fifteen minutes ago and she told me that she was almost tricked by the same person, who was at that moment, a hedgehog. But I talked to her and she said that she's okay and that she didn't believe the hedgehog one bit. I'm proud of her. And I promised her that I would see her in the clubhouse tomorrow night as well.

And wow...ranting did make me feel a lot better.

EDIT: * names have been changed for the sake of the users
Kelight is offline Female
Old 07-04-2009, 10:58 PM   #4

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

I've seen similar bullying, where I know that everyone in the room has sent reports, and yet the bully isn't stopped. I also wonder about their system. I wish the rooms were minitored a little better. It was really nice of you to defend that poor girl, I'm sure she appreciated your company. I wonder if these kids realize that cyber bullying is against the law?
Desty is offline Female
Old 07-04-2009, 10:59 PM   #5
ill make you feel
Gifted

Blackie_Lab2003 knows no boundsBlackie_Lab2003 knows no bounds
Blackie_Lab2003 knows no boundsBlackie_Lab2003 knows no boundsBlackie_Lab2003 knows no boundsBlackie_Lab2003 knows no boundsBlackie_Lab2003 knows no boundsBlackie_Lab2003 knows no boundsBlackie_Lab2003 knows no bounds

I read the thing. I've been into a bunch of situations, like once I was hosting a party and I believe it was a Yellow Lab that came in, and talked to us of how there was a bully following her in the clubhouse. (Considered cyberstalking, which is against the law.)

It's quite obvious that both the person who was bugging Candy and Candy are young. Younger kids tend to be more sensetive to this stuff, and also a few years ago this girl who wasn't even double digits yet would follow me around insulting me, then finally she said "I wanna fight with you!"

Tell Candy that when the next time she runs into a bully like this one, to don't say anything for a few minutes and then start saying nice things like "Your pet is really cute. Springer Spaniels rock!/I really like your pets outfit" or some other nice stuff. It seems twisted, but it gets all little kids who like to fight off your back.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:05 PM   #6
Gift Guru

GoldenPuppy has disabled reputation

Wow, you are sucha caring person. That's very nice of you to help her out.
I read all of your post, and saw your after-update. I'm glad she is okay now.
I hope you two will become best buddies and will avoid "Sarah" and other bullies.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:12 PM   #7

Dimagar has a spectacular aura about

Ganz told me they do not monitor the chat rooms at all, ever. You enter at your own risk. They review reports within 24 to 48 hours. Not in real time. If you report some one more than once, YOU get a letter saying you are abusing the reporting system and to stop. It does no good to report someone more than once while a situation is happening. You should tell anyone being bullied to simply leave the room for awhile until the bully gets bored. If everyone leaves them, maybe they will get the message.

Last edited by Dimagar; 07-05-2009 at 07:48 AM.. Reason: misspell
Dimagar is offline Female
Old 07-04-2009, 11:17 PM   #8
siroscar

siroscar is a jewel in the roughsiroscar is a jewel in the rough

WI Subscriber

How awful for you and Candy. I hope she is ok. I think the harrasser should be banned for life. I hope Ganz does something about it. It was nice of you to try to help her out.
siroscar is offline Female
Old 07-04-2009, 11:33 PM   #9
pollywog2
Gift Guru

pollywog is a WI addict!
pollywog is a WI addict!pollywog is a WI addict!pollywog is a WI addict!pollywog is a WI addict!pollywog is a WI addict!pollywog is a WI addict!pollywog is a WI addict!pollywog is a WI addict!

What is a child doing on the computer for that long and THAT upset without her parents noticing. Get Candy to tell her parents. This cyber bullying/stalking is against the law and if she continues to go into the clubhouse without a "helper" it won't get better for her. If she can't handle the stress of the clubhouse she shouldn't go there, and certainly nor pouring out her heart to a stranger. I understand that you are a good person but if she is in a vulnerable state, an older person who is a real creeper could take advantage of her. Maybe she just is too young or too tender hearted to travel into the clubhouse without parental supervision. JMO. I think you did a wonderful thing for her, but yo can't be there all of the time, and even reporting can't stop the abuse all of the time, try as we might.
pollywog is offline Female
Old 07-05-2009, 03:13 AM   #10

ladywhitehorse has much to be proud ofladywhitehorse has much to be proud ofladywhitehorse has much to be proud ofladywhitehorse has much to be proud ofladywhitehorse has much to be proud of

You did a really nice thing. It was so kind of you to help that child. I think pollywog is right that she should tell her parents about what happened. Maybe you could encourage her to do that. I have a preteen daughter who plays. I checked out the site & even watched her in the clubhouse for a while before I let her go in alone. I thought it was safe. Then one day I found her with tears streaming down her cheeks as she offered her very best items to the bully on the other side of the trading table. He said he could get her account closed if she didn't give him a certain item. She told him she didn't have it & offered everything else she had. The point is she knew she was being bullied. She was afraid to tell me because I might not let her go back to the clubhouse. She had seen so many bad things happen in the clubhouse that she was afraid he could get her in trouble. Now she can only go to the clubhouse when I can be in the room with her. Most of the time she has fun playing there & I'm there if she needs me. If there is a problem she has to change rooms. We learned the hard way. What you did was great, but you won't always be there to help her. Your young friend needs an equalizer. Please encourage her to talk to her parents. They really do need to know about it.
ladywhitehorse is offline Female
Closed