Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > General Discussion / Chat > Clubhouse, Kinzville Park

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2011, 11:48 AM   #1
Webkinz :)

Priceless has disabled reputation

Lightbulb **THE DEMAND CENTER** -- Click HERE to see what is in demand in the Trading Rooms right now.

The Demand Center

Important Notice:
This is an ULTIMATE guide to what is in demand and what scams appear within the demands. This is not, under any circumstances, a trading room discussion area. Your comments are what enrich this thread; your advice, and helpful guides are what make this ultimate. So feel free to add in your commentary and own advice, but please do not share trades, what room you're in or anything along those lines. That is something for the GE.

What does "In Demand" mean?
  • In Demand means X item that is currently popular in the Trading Rooms (TR). If said item is at a high demand, people will usually over offer just to get that said item. Ex --> Sailor Shirt -- Someone might offer two high valued items just to get that sailor shirt, which is easier to get then the two high valued items.
  • Things from 2005 and 2006 are generally help to be called Priceless Items, since they are from the original years and very hard to get.
  • Here's a good post for the terminology of "Priceless Items":
Spoiler: show
View Post Originally Posted by thejabronisayz
I think this thread is a very good idea and I commend you for it; however, I would recommend that you change one thing. Although this may seem minor to some, it actually has major implications: please, under no circumstances, do not call items that are in "high demand" priceless items. They are NOT, I repeat, NOT priceless items. Referring to these items as priceless will cause a great amount of confusion in the trading room.

Even though the WIKI no longer breaks items out between "priceless" and simply "long retired," those designations still very much exist in the WW trading rooms. People will still refer to the witch hat, wacky jeans, white bunny ears, elf suit, cat costume, ghost vase, ice skates, red lava, etc as priceless. Shutter shades are in very high demand, but does this make them "priceless?" Absolutely not. Shutter shades epitomize what you refer to as an item that is in high demand: many people want them, many people are willing to offer huge amounts for them; at times the offers are going to exceed the value of shutter shades, but since they are in high demand, it won't matter to them. In any event, shutter shades can still be obtained by purchasing Webkinz clothing and receiving the code to the rock star outfit; this means that shutter shades are not only NOT priceless, they are also not even RETIRED. Regardless of how in demand shutter shades are, they are currently not anywhere close to being in the same category as the other so-called "priceless" items in WW.

I will give you an example of how throwing this terminology about can cause confusion. In the W-Shop, superbeds are labeled as "priceless." Many times, you may see someone saying that they have "priceless" and then offer a superbed. When told that the superbed is not priceless, the trader will then say "yes it is, look in the wshop." Already, priceless causes confusion. There does not need to be any more confusion. So again, I commend you for making this thread, and I believe it is a GREAT idea, but please remove the one line about referring to these high demand items as "priceless" items; they are not the same.

• WI does not stand by or support the term "Priceless Items" in WI. As this was removed from the WIKI a while ago, if you are accepted into the Gift Trainee Exchange, you will learn from your Gift Coach that WI follows the WIGEV.
    • If someone tries to trick people into thinking a small valued item is more then another player's large valued item, this is what we call a scammer -- someone who tricks people into thinking a small valued item is worth then it really is. To see a full list of different scams, there are many located HERE. It is stuffed with lots of great information. There is also another one created by Packerdan, located HERE that shows all the different types of scams.
    • There is also an extended group of people known as hackers -- hackers are people who go into your account and take everything of yours.
Why are there Scammers and Hackers?
  • To tell you the truth, we can really not answer this. Perhaps they are going through a hard time in life, and are trying to make themselves happy by inflicting damage to other people. It is just like bullying; it's unexplainable their actions, and their is always a variety of reasons they do it, but those people are bad and are bullies.
    • How can you indicate a scammer? To put it simple, you cannot indicate one until they make a false statement through trade. Please refer to the guides pasted in Bullet 5 of Question 1. You can also indicate a scammer if someone calls them out on it.
      • Ex --> "X is a scammer! I just traded with them, and they ran off laughing!" These people are 94% of the time telling the truth; 6% is undecided. Most times you can believe them though.
    • How can you get away from a scamming situation? The most important advice is just leave the trade, report them (DO NOT TELL THEM), and then leave the room all together. You won't get anything done with a scammer, anything. Also, I would not call them out or they could report you. Just silently excit
Why should I not accuse them?
  • It's a bad idea to accuse them. They can report you, and then they will tell you which will just anger you, inflicting damage on yourself. Then a battle will start which in most cases is a lose/lose drama. Both you and the scammer will be banned. So, silently report them, and Ganz will look into it.
    • What do you mean, Ganz will look into it? They have moderators watching the rooms constantly. If someone does something bad, they will look into it and send a report out to everyone letting them know they are watching. (Creepy, but hey, it works. )
.................................................................................................... ........................................
.................................................................................................... ........................................
What is in Demand.
The Newest Months will always be on Top.

October, 2011
  1. Halloween 2005 and 2006 items -- This Includes the items from the original halloween room theme, the cat costume, which hat, pumpkin hat, etc. Around Halloween Time, these are always a hit, so be sure to always stack up on them before Halloween turns around.
  2. Your Typical 2005 and 2006 items -- This Includes Exclusive Items, PSI, etc. that people go crazy over. They are a year-round hit, and usually you can get some nice things.
  3. Sparkling Pegasus PSI, Sweet Tooth Tiger PSI, Wintermint Reindeer PSI, and Silk Sparrow -- These are always popular. They are in the Level 9/Level 10 range, and are always In! These always go for a lot.
  4. Level 9/10 Trophies -- People go crazy for trophies, such as Writing Trophy, Designer Trophy, Chef Trophy, etc. They are a Huge Collector item and each individual trophy are ridiculously rare!
  5. Christmas 2005 and 2006 Items -- Get 'em while they're hot! Because as soon as Christmas rolls around they will be extremely hard to get. The Elf Hat and Shoes are the most popular.

Please add your own Advice!
Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by Priceless; 10-21-2011 at 05:08 PM..
Priceless is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2011, 01:13 PM   #2
Gifted

Craftyreader is #1 to the fourth.Craftyreader is #1 to the fourth.Craftyreader is #1 to the fourth.Craftyreader is #1 to the fourth.
Craftyreader is #1 to the fourth.Craftyreader is #1 to the fourth.Craftyreader is #1 to the fourth.Craftyreader is #1 to the fourth.Craftyreader is #1 to the fourth.Craftyreader is #1 to the fourth.Craftyreader is #1 to the fourth.Craftyreader is #1 to the fourth.Craftyreader is #1 to the fourth.Craftyreader is #1 to the fourth.

Default Re: **THE DEMAND CENTER** -- Click HERE to see what is in demand in the Trading Rooms right now.

This thread is so helpful. (:
It was nice of you to make it.
Craftyreader is offline Female
Old 10-21-2011, 01:18 PM   #3

Default Re: **THE DEMAND CENTER** -- Click HERE to see what is in demand in the Trading Rooms right now.

View Post Originally Posted by Craftyreader
This thread is so helpful. (:
It was nice of you to make it.
Thanks Alicia; besides being a great area for the artisans of value, I think that soon in time it will be an insightful, detailed thread I also think it will give keen understanding to those who might be new into the process and most definentaly will lessen the population of those who don't really understand some of the terms used. Thanks for stopping by, great to see a familiar face!
Old 10-21-2011, 01:45 PM   #4
How many zeros?

000000005 swims in greatness
000000005 swims in greatness000000005 swims in greatness000000005 swims in greatness000000005 swims in greatness

This thread is really awesome, thanks for making it
000000005 is offline Male
Old 10-21-2011, 01:47 PM   #5

Glad to see you stop by, 05! Yes, it took some time to write, and it hurt my brain, but I'm sure in a month's time everyone will be filled with TR Knowledge.
Old 10-21-2011, 02:57 PM   #6
Packerdan205

Packerdan is the bees knees!Packerdan is the bees knees!Packerdan is the bees knees!Packerdan is the bees knees!Packerdan is the bees knees!Packerdan is the bees knees!Packerdan is the bees knees!

Good thread, I had an old thread that has all sorts of scams listed, it's closed now, but still a good reference, if you want a link to put in your scamming section, VM or PM me.

Last edited by Packerdan; 10-21-2011 at 02:59 PM..
Packerdan is offline Male
Old 10-21-2011, 02:57 PM   #7

View Post Originally Posted by Packerdan
Good thread, I had an old thread that has all sorts of scams listed, it's closed now, but still a good reference, if you want a link to put in your scamming section, VM or PM me.
I already added it.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:03 PM   #8
ell I'm Michele ♥
Gift Guru

dancerchick914 is epic beyond epicnessdancerchick914 is epic beyond epicnessdancerchick914 is epic beyond epicnessdancerchick914 is epic beyond epicnessdancerchick914 is epic beyond epicnessdancerchick914 is epic beyond epicness
dancerchick914 is epic beyond epicnessdancerchick914 is epic beyond epicnessdancerchick914 is epic beyond epicnessdancerchick914 is epic beyond epicnessdancerchick914 is epic beyond epicnessdancerchick914 is epic beyond epicness

This is a great guide! I especially like your What is in Demand section! I have I feeling I may find good use of it in the future!
dancerchick914 is offline Female
Old 10-21-2011, 04:46 PM   #9
mkmaa00

DancinDog has disabled reputation

Great thread!

I'll go to the Trading Room and see what people are looking for. *puts on secret agent glasses and sneaks off into the clubhouse*

So far, people have asked me for...

[~ = more popular]

* Things
* Rare clothes~
* DJ [DJ headphones]~
* Neo Gothic Dining Table
* Swings ~

Last edited by DancinDog; 10-21-2011 at 04:46 PM..
DancinDog is offline Female
Old 10-21-2011, 04:50 PM   #10

thejabronisayz rocks our collective socksthejabronisayz rocks our collective socksthejabronisayz rocks our collective socksthejabronisayz rocks our collective socksthejabronisayz rocks our collective socksthejabronisayz rocks our collective socksthejabronisayz rocks our collective socksthejabronisayz rocks our collective socksthejabronisayz rocks our collective socks

View Post Originally Posted by Priceless
  • What do we call these high demand items? We call these items "Priceless Items" because they are at high worth, and people usually expect to get a lot for it. This doesn't mean they always get higher values.
I think this thread is a very good idea and I commend you for it; however, I would recommend that you change one thing. Although this may seem minor to some, it actually has major implications: please, under no circumstances, do not call items that are in "high demand" priceless items. They are NOT, I repeat, NOT priceless items. Referring to these items as priceless will cause a great amount of confusion in the trading room.

Even though the WIKI no longer breaks items out between "priceless" and simply "long retired," those designations still very much exist in the WW trading rooms. People will still refer to the witch hat, wacky jeans, white bunny ears, elf suit, cat costume, ghost vase, ice skates, red lava, etc as priceless. Shutter shades are in very high demand, but does this make them "priceless?" Absolutely not. Shutter shades epitomize what you refer to as an item that is in high demand: many people want them, many people are willing to offer huge amounts for them; at times the offers are going to exceed the value of shutter shades, but since they are in high demand, it won't matter to them. In any event, shutter shades can still be obtained by purchasing Webkinz clothing and receiving the code to the rock star outfit; this means that shutter shades are not only NOT priceless, they are also not even RETIRED. Regardless of how in demand shutter shades are, they are currently not anywhere close to being in the same category as the other so-called "priceless" items in WW.

I will give you an example of how throwing this terminology about can cause confusion. In the W-Shop, superbeds are labeled as "priceless." Many times, you may see someone saying that they have "priceless" and then offer a superbed. When told that the superbed is not priceless, the trader will then say "yes it is, look in the wshop." Already, priceless causes confusion. There does not need to be any more confusion. So again, I commend you for making this thread, and I believe it is a GREAT idea, but please remove the one line about referring to these high demand items as "priceless" items; they are not the same.
thejabronisayz is offline Male
Closed

Tags
demand center, i have a dream ♥, purriceless