Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > Our Members' Creations > Avatars & Signatures

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2008, 02:34 PM   #1
xxsimplystarburst
Gift Guru

[xo]flipflops has a spectacular aura about

Default ♥ Great tips for having a great shop! ♥

You may know me from my graphics & suchh.
[I'll be making shops here & there, so don't worry, I haven't quit making graphics forever!]

Here are some tips to having a great shop!
  • Hard work= lots of customers, & hard work on graphics takes time.
  • Put detail into your work.
  • Show examples! If you don't, nobody would know your skills, and not a lot of people will request.
  • Have a catchy name. People would most likely go to it. Would you rather go to a shop that says "Bob's Avatar Shop." or "♦ Bob's Amazing Avatar Extravaganza!! ♦"
  • Have lots of examples to show. Don't just have one.
  • Include detail, like what specific things you know how to make, welcoming words, and maybe even some things about you and why you wanted to start a graphics shop.
  • I suggest you have rules because your thread could get really out of hand without rules.
  • Have lines for requests. You don't want to do requests out of order, or people would get mad.
  • Try not to skip any requests! I had this problem with my last shop. If you have too many requests to keep track of, hire a secretary to keep track.
  • Don't always post things like "Come someone pleeeeaaaaaaseeeeeee come here?" You'll then sound too desperate for requests, and people won't come to your thread.
  • Advertise your thread in your signature.
  • Tell people that come to your thread to tell other people to come to your thread. That way you'll get more viewers and requests.
  • NEVER give out prizes for a certain post, from my experience. People will then start to post random things just to get to that certain post and people will start to fight, making you want to close the thread down.
  • If you get too overwhelmed with all the posts you have on your thread, close it down & start up a brand new one!
  • Once your thread has been rated a certain amount of stars, you then know if you are really truly a great graphics maker or not. Don't be the first to rate your thread though, because then you'll seem conceited.
I hope this has helped the people who want to make a graphics thread or already have one!

Last edited by [xo]flipflops; 01-16-2008 at 02:41 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2008, 02:17 PM   #2
Gift Guru

-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost-Lilypad rules the roost

Default Re: ♥ Great tips for having a great shop! ♥

Awesome guide! Great to get the advice from someone who's been there!
-Lilypad is offline Female
Old 01-18-2008, 04:40 PM   #3
....♥ you &&
Gifted

926c has a spectacular aura about

Cool! Good advice!
926c is offline Female
Old 01-18-2008, 04:43 PM   #4
yelah

Cool thanks! I used to have a shop. It got closed. Now I don't, too much work. I like visiting other peep's threads.
Old 01-19-2008, 11:37 AM   #5
sarie06x

thank you! I really need to get a new thread!
Old 01-19-2008, 11:46 AM   #6
kolacola12

i have one more thing to add to your AHMAZING list.
I have noticed that people with the smaller atrative names get more people to come to it.
THANKS FOR THE LIST ♥♥♥♥♥
Old 01-19-2008, 01:13 PM   #7
xox elf

Thank you for those wonderful tips! I've been wanting to open up a shop, but I'm afraid that no one will come =[
Old 01-19-2008, 01:28 PM   #8
aerialstar11
Gift Guru

aerialstar11 has much to be proud ofaerialstar11 has much to be proud ofaerialstar11 has much to be proud ofaerialstar11 has much to be proud ofaerialstar11 has much to be proud of

Awesome! But where did your shop go? :[[[
aerialstar11 is offline Female
Closed