Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > It's All About The Webkinz! > Our Members' Creations > Avatars & Signatures

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2011, 11:24 PM   #1
YAY finally a
Webkinz :)

bookworm12 has a brilliant futurebookworm12 has a brilliant futurebookworm12 has a brilliant futurebookworm12 has a brilliant futurebookworm12 has a brilliant future

Default -Being made-Don't click xD

βʋииιɛƨƬʋтσяιαƨ.
βʋииιɛƨ Ƭʋтσяιαℓƨ. →Graphic & Graphic Shop Tutorials←
Rules
.Pretty please with sugar on top, do not copy any of my guides without permission.
.All WI rules apply.
.Please do not request graphics here, this is a thread of tutorials.

What The Heck Is This?
.This my dear, is a thread of original guides. There are blob shops, avatar shops, signature shops, and everything in between - so why not a thread for some handmade guides helping those shop owners with shop suggestions and ideas and graphic ideas and suggestions? I'm pretty sure that the WI Wiki has a graphics thing-y in it, but it doesn't really have specific guides in them. So, I gathered some old guides I made (some from my website), made some news ones, and *poof* opened this shop to share them all.

If you have a guide you wrote and would like it to be posted here, don't hesitate to post here saying so - or PMing me. If you have it posted at your own shop and would like it posted here, then just say so and I can put the link to your shop right above it so people know where it came from. Currently, most of the guides here are for GIMP. Simply because I Photoshop is being difficult right now on my computer, preventing me from making any guides for it at the moment.

‡Guides‡

¤Rainbow text [GIMP]

Spoiler: show

If you're a visual learner, I also made a video for you to look at how to do it step by step - - File
  1. Change the background of your test/learning image to black.
  2. Add the text you want in white color
  3. got to windows>docable dialogues> layers if you don’t already have that open
  4. right click on the text layer, then click “Alpha to selection”
  5. Click DELETE on your keyboard
  6. Go to Layer>duplicate layer three times for the text layer (creating three of that same layers)
  7. Click the gradinet option on the toolbox – it looks like Click the image to open in full size.
  8. Click on the first layer in the layers box that you should have open
  9. In the gradinet options, click on the “Full saturation spectrum” one. There are two of the same; you can choose either and it will not make a difference.
  10. Click and drag straight across the text you put in the image with the gradinet.
  11. Go to filter>blue>gaussian blur in the toolbar
  12. Set the gaussian opinions to: Horizontal – 10. Vertial -10. Blur method – RLE. Then click OK.
  13. (OPTIONAL) Go to filter>repeat gaussian blur. And repeat that three or so times. This part is optional.
Here were my final results -
Click the image to open in full size.

You can also do it on a transparent background -

or with different types of blend things -

¤How to upload fonts/brushes

Here's a video I made for this (helpful if you're a visual learner) - - File
  1. Pick a font you want and download it. I like the site Urbanfonts for pretty fonts.
  2. When a little "file downloaded" popup pops up, click on the name of the file you uploaded. Drag that file into the "downloads" folder or whatever folder you want to be your brush/font folder.
  3. Go to GIMP, then Edit>preferences>folders>brushes>then add a new place, whatever folder you choose.
  4. Restart GIMP and your brush/font should be there.

¤
How to make transparency [one of many ways] [GIMP]
Transparency is when a part of the graphic blends in with the background – whatever the background is and on any part of the graphic. It’s like that part of it isn’t there, but it is. For the tutorial, I’m using a 150x150px square red graphic, the one shown above. Really simple.
First, open the image you want in GIMP.
Then, in the top navigation go to Layers>Transparency>Add alpha channel then click that.

Next, in the side pop up panel, click the eraser icon.

Next, after you’ve clicked the eraser, click drag the brush that came up around the image. Also, you can change how the transparency comes up as like instead of using the circle brush Click the image to open in full size., you could use, say a star brush Click the image to open in full size..
If dark grey and light grey checker marks come up, then it means you’re doing things right so far.

Then when you save it and post it come where, the parts that you erased in GIMP will show up as the background of what it’s on.

See, the picture above is transparent; it's blending in with WIs bluish-gray background. If WIs background was say, black then the heart and A would be black.

¤How to make gloss [GIMP]

Gloss is basically an effect you can put on an image to make it look better, an example being the image above. This will also be the result image for this tutorial.

First
, open up GIMP, or download it if you have not already and wish to. Wait for it to open, as it may take a few minutes. Then open up a new image – it can be any size or anything. Even it can be an image you already created.

Once you’ve done that, in the top navigation menu scroll over “Layer” then in the layer tab click “new layer”.

Then a window should pop up, looking something like this. Put the layer name as anything you want, keep the image width and height as the automatically come up, and set the “layer fill type” as transparency.

Next, select either the ecllpse or the rectangle tool in the sidebar. That will be the shape of your gloss. It does not matter which you choose – you follow the same steps for both. For this example I will be using the ellipse tool.

After you’ve clicked on either the ellipse tool or the rectangle tool click on your image, and drag the tool over it – that’s where your gloss will be.

Next, select the “fill” tool. Click the image to open in full size. Change your main color to white. Click the image to open in full size.
next, click on the space you made with the ellipse tool. It should turn white.

Next, if it isn’t already open, go to the navigation menu at the top, Windows, dockable dialogs, layers.

Then adjust the opacity to what you think looks appealing. In the example I have it set to 30.00.

With a finished product of:

Special Characters
It seems like now EVERYONE uses special characters in their shop titles, their shop navigation, and just in their shop! I've found a lot of the special characters, you are more than welcome to use them. I personally love the chess pieces ones -

©

¿
§

®
ö
ƒ
Α
Β
Γ
Δ
Ε
Ζ
Η
Θ
Ι
Κ
Μ
Ν
Ξ
Ο
Π
Ρ
Σ
Τ
Υ
Φ
Χ
Ψ
Ω
α
β
γ
δ
ε
ζ
η
θ
ι
κ
λ
μ
ν
ξ
ο
π
ρ
ς
σ
τ
υ
φ
χ
ψ
ω
ϑ
ϒ
ϖ

v

Last edited by bookworm12; 01-30-2011 at 11:33 PM..
bookworm12 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2011, 09:39 AM   #2
ell, I ♥ my
Webkinz :)

ranetta has a reputation beyond reputeranetta has a reputation beyond reputeranetta has a reputation beyond reputeranetta has a reputation beyond reputeranetta has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: -Being made-Don't click xD

Wow! Your guide is really helpful! I will try the Rainbow test and the Gloss effect! Thank you for posting!
ranetta is offline Female
Closed