Wed, Jul 11: 3pm=Bowling Alley $10000 4pm=Ancient Pyramid Lamp $1150
Who knew when Arte asked me to help him get the Rock Gardens ready for tomorrow's sale that I would end up making such a mess?
I thought Rock Gardens had rocks in them, not sand.
It looks like my shoes are going to be crunchy for a week.
Just then, I hear Arte in the front of the shop talking with a customer.
His voice is much louder and gruffer than usual, so I put down my rake and stop to listen.
"You can see the price right there on the tag. No, I don't take coupons and I don't give any special discounts. The cost is the same for everybody. No, I don't care what your name is. That doesn't mean anything to me. Perhaps you should just leave," Arte growls.
I hear the bell ring as the front door opens and closes, and then I hear footsteps signaling that Arte is coming toward me.
Not wanting to get on Arte's bad side, I pick up the rake I had dropped and get back to work.
Arte comes in and flops down in a Silver Sofa. "Merthyn, can I ask you a question?"
"Sure Arte, what's on your mind." I set the rake down again.
"Is there some sort of celebrity convention, or a special show or something in going on in town right now?" he asks me.
"Uh, not that I know of. I don't remember hearing anything. Why?" I say.
"I've had a bunch of customers come in the shop lately and ask for special discounts because they are celebrities. I don't have any idea who they are, but I figured you might know more about this that I do."
"Celebrities? Did they tell you their names?" I question him?
"Yeah, well, that's another funny thing. They've all got the same name, Hannah. I figured that there must be a Hannah convention in town. Seems strange that with there being so many of them that any one of them could be famous," he says, confused.
"Hannah....Montana?" I guess, knowing the answer.
"Yes, that's it! So, you've heard of them?" he shouts!
"Well, actually, there's only one Hannah Montana, and I seriously doubt that she was in your shop today, or any other day for that matter. She's an character on a popular TV show right now. It looks like bunch of her fans are running around pretending to be her." I say "I've seen it before..."
"Why on earth would anyone want to do that? Isn't it kind of annoying for everyone else?" he asks me.
"Yes it is. I guess they're just doing it for attention. If you ignore them they'll eventually stop. They're a lot more fun to be around when they're just being themselves. A lot more interesting!"
"Well, I don't care who they are just as long as they bring lots KinzCash and are willing to give it to me." He gets up from the sofa.
Watching Arte walk away I think of a question, "Hey, Arte? Is there anyone you would give a discount to if they asked?"
Arte laughs and says, "No, not even my own mother." He walks back to the front of the shop.
So, for all of you Hannah Montana impersonators out there, don't bother trying your act with Arte. He is not impressed.
For all of the rest of you, here is the list for tomorrow:
- Funky Table ($250) at 1am!
- Thinking Chair ($1523) [orig: $1325] at 2am!
- Hockey Flooring ($90) at 5am!
- Medieval Flooring ($900) at 5am!
- Hockey Chair ($132) [orig: $120] at 6am!
- Hockey Desk Chair ($114) [orig: $100] at 7am!
- Lime Desk Chair ($142) [orig: $150] at 8am!
- Thinking Chair ($1192) [orig: $1325] at 9am!
- Hockey Coffee Table ($300) at 11am!
- Goalie Mask Shelf ($78) [orig: $75] at 11am!
- Tutti-Frutti Headdress ($480) at 1pm!
- Hockey Chair ($114) [orig: $120] at 2pm!
- Wooden Coffee Table ($63) [orig: $75] at 2pm!
- RARE: In-Home Bowling Alley ($10000) at 3pm!
- Hockey Couch ($600) [orig: $750] at 3pm!
- RARE: Ancient Pyramid Lamp ($1150) at 4pm!
- Pineapple Lamp ($45) at 5pm!
- Hockey Chair ($102) [orig: $120] at 6pm!
- Hockey Wallpaper ($85) [orig: $100] at 7pm!
- Hockey Coffee Table ($300) at 10pm!
- Loader Lounger ($855) [orig: $950] at 11pm!