Webkinz Rare - Saturday, July 7th: 4pm KT - Opus Sofa - $4250
"Get out and stay out!" I can hear Arte yelling as I approach the shop.
"Oh, no, not more snakes." I think to myself as I break into a run.
Just then, the door to the shop flies open, and I can see Arte shoving two customers out into the street.
"You're not allowed to do that in here. This is MY shop. I control what goes on in here. Why don't you go back to where you belong!?" The door slams.
The two customers are standing on the sidewalk with bewildered looks on their faces.
"Gosh, what did he have to go and do that for? We weren't causing any problems," one says.
"Yeah, I know. He can be a real meanie. Let's get out of here," says the other.
They turn to walk away and I consider stopping them to ask what had happened, but then I hear Arte yelling inside and decide that I had better go in and check in on him first.
I open the shop door and am greeted with "I thought I told you to stay out of here, can't you...." Arte pauses, "Oh, it's you Merthyn. C'mon in." He flops down into a Loader Lounger, the same one I had jumped on during the snake incident.
"Arte, I saw what just happend. What's going on?"
Arte rolls his eyes and then says, "It's those darn traders. I can't stand having them in my shop."
"But, Arte, what do you have against traders. Don't they make you a lot of money when they buy stuff to trade?"
"Yeah, it's nice when they come in to buy stuff. They're the only ones who pick up multiple rare items, and that's good for a ton of KinzCash for me."
"So, what's the problem. Do you not like the fact that they trade the items after they buy them?"
"I'm the only one in Webkinz World who can make actual money off of rare items. What do I care if the want to swap them around after that? Just as long as they do it in the right place." He takes a deep breath. "I don't want that stuff going on inside of my shop. When they get in the way of my other cash-paying customers, it's time for them to go!"
I stare at Arte for a moment.
It looks like the poor guy is having another rough day.
Then I get an idea.
"Tell you what Arte, when I tell my friends about the list today, I am going to remind them about not trading in the Curio Shop. In fact, I'm going to make sure that they know where to go if they want to trade. Do you think that will help?"
"Thanks Merthyn. That would be great. By the way. Here's the list."
So, everyone, here is the list, and I hope you find something you want to buy, but remember, if you are interested in trading, DO NOT DO IT HERE!
There is a specific place on Webkinz Insider where traders go to meet.
It's called the Gift Exchange and here is a link to everything you need to know about becoming part of it.
Gift Exchange Rules
* Wagon Wheel Sofa ($212) [orig: $250] at 1am!
* Scientific Trophy Pedestal ($495) [orig: $450] at 2am!
* Chefs Hat ($84) [orig: $80] at 2am!
* Toy Purse ($51) [orig: $45] at 2am!
* Wooden Chair ($95) at 3am!
* Hockey Side Table ($168) [orig: $160] at 4am!
* Chefs Hat ($76) [orig: $80] at 6am!
* Medieval Window ($600) at 6am!
* Rockin Pompadour ($734) [orig: $816] at 7am!
* Lime Desk Chair ($127) [orig: $150] at 8am!
* Gladiator Helmet ($1080) [orig: $1200] at 9am!
* Hockey Side Table ($160) at 10am!
* Pineapple Lamp ($38) [orig: $45] at 12noon!
* Medieval Window ($660) [orig: $600] at 12noon!
* RARE: Opus Sofa ($4250) at 4pm!
* Cat Street Post ($80) at 5pm!
* Goalie Mask Shelf ($82) [orig: $75] at 6pm!
* Silver Sofa ($400) at 6pm!
* Hockey Locker ($150) at 8pm!
* Wooden Coffee Table ($82) [orig: $75] at 9pm!
* Pineapple Lamp ($38) [orig: $45] at 9pm!
* Hockey Couch ($712) [orig: $750] at 11pm!
* Screwy Lamp ($650) [orig: $685] at 11pm!
- chicken little