Webkinz Rare - Monday, July 9th: 5PM KT - Sofa of the Nile - $9100
"Oh, ouch. That really hurt."
I'm moaning as I slowly make my way out of the Barking Mad Mine.
The tunnel to the mine leads right into the basement of Arte's shop.
As I reach the end of the tunnel, I notice Arte standing at the mine's entrance.
Rubbing my arm, I stagger into the shop.
"Merthyn, how did you get to be such a mess?" He eyes me up and down.
I look down at my clothes and see that I am totally covered in black dirt.
"I saw a rock way in the back that looked promising, but I couldn't reach it from the ground. I had to climb up to get it, and just as I broke it open, a bat flew out at me and I fell."
"Well, did it have a gem?"
"No." I breathe a dissapointed sigh. "Three slags in a row, and that's the third time this week. Sometimes I feel like I'm never going to get enough gems for my Crown of Wonder."
"Oh, Merthyn. Just keep trying. You'll get it eventually."
Just then an excited shout comes out of one of the other mines. "Whoo-hoo! I just got the Webkinz Diamond!"
A person emerges from the Buried Bones mine with his hands clasped tightly around the white gem.
"Looks like you found yourself a gem." Arte begins his spiel. "I can buy that from you if you like or..." The person cuts Arte off.
"No, thanks, I'm going to hang on to this one. I only need three more before I can trade my collection for a crown. I can't wait to get home and put this into my Gem Hunt Jewel Box."
He dashes out of the shop excitedly.
"Arte?" I ask, "Don't you ever get tired of saying the same thing over and over again? I'm sure that all of the people in Webkinz World know what you are going to say by heart."
Arte leans back against the wall. "You'd be surprised what people know and don't know. Why, just the other day I had a fella in here who was complainin' that he couldn't find the Ocean Sapphire. He'd been looking for nearly three weeks with no luck. Turns out he'd been lookin' in the Flea Floater Mine the whole time. I realized that he didn't have a clue as to what color gems where in which mine." Arte laughs.
"Did you tell him which mine he should have been looking in?"
"Naw, of course not. What do you think I am, a tour guide? Besides, I don't make much money on this gem operation anyway. It's just something I use to get customers in the door."
He turns and stomps up the stair to the main shop, leaving me in the basement, covered in mud.
So, here's the list for tomorrow.
Hope you find something you need.
And, remember, if you are planning to mine for gems, make sure you're looking in the right place.
Hopefully you'll have more luck than I did today.
GUIDE TO GEM LOCATIONS
- Wooden Stool ($65) at 12midnight!
- Hockey Side Table ($184) [orig: $160] at 1am!
- Tutti-Frutti Headdress ($456) [orig: $480] at 2am!
- Hockey Study Desk ($316) [orig: $275] at 3am!
- Medieval Trophy Pedestal ($495) [orig: $450] at 4am!
- Goalie Mask Shelf ($71) [orig: $75] at 4am!
- Hockey Side Table ($176) [orig: $160] at 5am!
- Kids Cupboard Sink ($220) [orig: $200] at 5am!
- Funky Table ($212) [orig: $250] at 6am!
- Lime Desk Chair ($135) [orig: $150] at 6am!
- Country Bed ($350) at 8am!
- Toy Purse ($47) [orig: $45] at 9am!
- Tutti-Frutti Headdress ($456) [orig: $480] at 9am!
- Kids Cupboard Sink ($170) [orig: $200] at 2pm!
- Loader Lounger ($997) [orig: $950] at 4pm!
- Wooden Chair ($90) [orig: $95] at 4pm!
- RARE: Sofa of the Nile ($9100) at 5pm!
- Medieval Wallpaper ($582) [orig: $685] at 6pm!
- Medieval Flooring ($900) at 6pm!
- Wooden Chair ($95) at 6pm!
- Apple Chair ($126) [orig: $140] at 6pm!
- Hockey Locker ($165) [orig: $150] at 8pm!
- Wooden Chair ($104) [orig: $95] at 9pm!
- Orange Table ($147) [orig: $140] at 9pm!
- Hockey Chair ($114) [orig: $120] at 9pm!
- Apple Chair ($147) [orig: $140] at 9pm!