Friday, July 6th: 11am KT - Sandstone Pedestal - $1850
"Somebody help me!" I hear Arte bellowing as I reach the front of the shop. I fling open the door to find Arte standing on top of step-ladder right next to the front counter. He's poking at the floor behind the counter with with a broom handle and continuing to shout, "Shoo, shoo, go away!"
Fearing that whatever has chased Arte up on the counter must be dangerous, I leap into a Loader Lounger that is sitting against the wall. "Arte, what is it?"
Arte, continuing to jab at the floor, answers, "Snakes! A whole mess of them! One of the cages in the back broke and they all got loose." He turns his attention back to the floor. "Back, get back!"
"Snakes? Why do you have a cage of snakes in the shop?"
Arte glares back over his shoulder at me. "They're for that new type of floor that I just got into the shop. Not all of these items come pre-assembled you know. I just got in a huge shipment of snakes and step-ladders for tomorrow's sale, and I haven't had a chance to put them together with the floor yet.
I climb up on the arm of the Loader Lounger and leap over to the counter. Peering down at the floor, I can't help but laugh. "Arte, that's what's got you up here?" I snicker, "That's just a bunch of little garden snakes. They can't do anything to hurt you.
"Hrumph. I don't care what kind of snakes they are. I hate snakes, and they don't belong in my shop. I know everyone is excited about this new floor, but I don't know if I can manage to get it put together for the sale."
Still laughing, I climb down off of the counter. "Don't worry, I'll take care of it for you." I grab an old cardboard box and one by one scoop the snakes up into it."
From atop the counter, Arte watches me like a hawk. "Thanks Merthyn. I'm not sure what I would have done if you hadn't come in the door just now."
"Not a problem Arte. Glad I can help." As I carry the box to the back of the shop, I notice that Arte hasn't moved off of the counter. He's still staring at the floor. Guess he's making sure that I got them all. "Wow, I had no idea he was that afraid of snakes."
Putting the floors together was actually a lot of fun. The snakes and I had a great time. Turns out that they're really friendly, and very good at backgammon.
Poor Arte. Good thing that Friday's rare item item is isn't as "lively".
Hope your 4th was exciting as mine was today!!
Here's the list:
- Medieval Trophy Pedestal ($427) [orig: $450] at 1am!
- Hockey Table ($198) [orig: $180] at 1am!
- Hockey Bed ($715) [orig: $650] at 2am!
- Hockey Wallpaper ($90) [orig: $100] at 3am!
- Goalie Mask Shelf ($60) [orig: $75] at 4am!
- Wooden Coffee Table ($75) at 7am!
- Wagon Wheel Table ($225) [orig: $250] at 9am!
- RARE: Sandstone Pedestal ($1850) at 11am!
- Chefs Hat ($76) [orig: $80] at 11am!
- Hockey Dining Table ($385) [orig: $350] at 12noon!
- Funky Chair ($220) [orig: $210] at 1pm!
- Scoreboard Television ($850) at 2pm!
- Treasure Chest ($160) [orig: $200] at 3pm!
- Hockey Locker ($150) at 4pm!
- Below Decks Wallpaper ($190) [orig: $200] at 5pm!
- Lime Desk Chair ($150) at 6pm!
- Funky Table ($237) [orig: $250] at 6pm!
- Loader Lounger ($997) [orig: $950] at 6pm!
- Screwy Lamp ($650) [orig: $685] at 7pm!
- Chefs Shirt ($85) [orig: $95] at 10pm!