Winner: blessedx5
Prize: Sapphire Gemster Gift with Purchase

Win Free Webkinz Codes Now!

Webkinz Minty Moose Possibly in Short Supply This Christmas


Over the past few days, we've been following a story from some of our Webkinz retailer contacts. On Tuesday, our retail partner, Ameriwade.Com noticed a strange order status on his Webkinz Minty Moose and called Ganz to find out what had happened.
 
Minty Moose
 
What we know - Bronze and Silver retailers have had their maximum orders cut from 36 Minty Moose down to 6. There is a possibility of a re-order but Ganz cannot make any promises.
 
What we've heard - There is talk that a national retailer placed a large order, which caused this extreme re-allocation. We can't confirm or deny this and will have to wait and see when the Minty Moose ships.
 
What this means for you - If you have pre-ordered your Webkinz Minty Moose, please contact the retailer you pre-ordered from and be sure they have recently double-checked their order status in Orderkinz and that you are high enough on the list to be guaranteed delivery on release.

Re: Webkinz Minty Moose Possibly in Short Supply This Christmas

Hmmm. Why do you think they are in short supply? Maybe there will be more leading up to Christmas?

Re: Webkinz Minty Moose Possibly in Short Supply This Christmas

Thanks Justin for the info. Just checked my e-mail and there is a note from Ameriwade. That is so unfair! The customer thinks they are all set and it puts the retailer in a bind! [notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate] is not exactly the most retailer friendly company I have ever seen. I really don't think they care. It's a bad company policy to do that to the smaller retailers. So many places I shop in the area of NY I am in, are no longer carrying Webkinz. They say the company is too difficult to deal with!

Re: Webkinz Minty Moose Possibly in Short Supply This Christmas

on noes!!!!! i was kind of hoping to get this pet cuz i really like it but now my chances have just plummeted. let's just hope it was a mistake and lots more minty moose will be shipping.

Re: Webkinz Minty Moose Possibly in Short Supply This Christmas

I liked it but now no change to find it my country. Hope is a mistake and will be a lot of them.

Re: Webkinz Minty Moose Possibly in Short Supply This Christmas

Unfortunately, it isn't a mistake.

Robert has spoken with a number of people at [notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate]'s retailer customer service and they have confirmed that the orders have been severely limited and that orders have been cut to 6 Minty Moose per retailer.

That's why we're letting you know now, because we want to make sure that everyone who really wants one doesn't end up disappointed a couple months from now!

Re: Webkinz Minty Moose Possibly in Short Supply This Christmas

wow...are they now limiting special pets.....

Re: Webkinz Minty Moose Possibly in Short Supply This Christmas

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
Unfortunately, it isn't a mistake.

Robert has spoken with a number of people at [notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate]'s retailer customer service and they have confirmed that the orders have been severely limited and that orders have been cut to 6 Minty Moose per retailer.

That's why we're letting you know now, because we want to make sure that everyone who really wants one doesn't end up disappointed a couple months from now!
no mistake? cry cry cry. i love it so much. too bad. maybe next year? i certainly hope so

Re: Webkinz Minty Moose Possibly in Short Supply This Christmas

View Post Originally Posted by kirtoglou
Thanks Justin for the info. Just checked my e-mail and there is a note from Ameriwade. That is so unfair! The customer thinks they are all set and it puts the retailer in a bind! [notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate] is not exactly the most retailer friendly company I have ever seen. I really don't think they care. It's a bad company policy to do that to the smaller retailers. So many places I shop in the area of NY I am in, are no longer carrying Webkinz. They say the company is too difficult to deal with!


This is happening a LOT in my area also. They dont' want to deal with [notranslate]GANZ[/notranslate] anymore, cause this is what is happening all the time to them. So they just plain drop carrying the merchandise, CAN YOU BLAME THEM??? I would not deal with such a company like this either. They are ripping customers off big time, too. So they can just keep their merchandise. I agree totally with you

Re: Webkinz Minty Moose Possibly in Short Supply This Christmas

View Post Originally Posted by purplesquiggle
no mistake? cry cry cry. i love it so much. too bad. maybe next year? i certainly hope so
There may be some stock in the "large order from a national retailer" rumblings that we've heard. If so, there will be plenty at that retail chain. However, at this point, we don't know if it's true, nor what the retail chain referenced might be.

Re: Webkinz Minty Moose Possibly in Short Supply This Christmas

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
There may be some stock in the "large order from a national retailer" rumblings that we've heard. If so, there will be plenty at that retail chain. However, at this point, we don't know if it's true, nor what the retail chain referenced might be.
Don't you think this kind of creates a monopoly? The retailer can then charge anything they want. I know there is a Suggested Retail Price, but they are all different prices in my area. In my opinion, it just sets a bad precedent.

Re: Webkinz Minty Moose Possibly in Short Supply This Christmas

National Retailer?? Like Wal*Mart or Toy R Us?? WOW...Then it may be more widely available than we expected. It is kind of unfair to us smaller retailers, yes BUT it may spell wider availability in the conventional sense. It might also mean more new accounts opening up. I can see why [notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate] did it. Not that it makesit any easier for me to accept that I will only have 6 Mooses on my display and more than a few unhappy customers. I wouldn't mind knowing which retailer so that I could at least recoup customer satisfaction by redirecting them.

Re: Webkinz Minty Moose Possibly in Short Supply This Christmas

View Post Originally Posted by lemony
wow...are they now limiting special pets.....
No, not for YOU, the Consumer, Lemony...for US the retailers.

Re: Webkinz Minty Moose Possibly in Short Supply This Christmas

Well, while I would like to have the Minty Moose, I won't be crying if I can't get ahold of one.

We will just have to wait and see. Rumor and speculation won't get us anywhere.

Re: Webkinz Minty Moose Possibly in Short Supply This Christmas

When is it supposed to be in the sotres so we can try to look for it? Or is it already out?

Re: Webkinz Minty Moose Possibly in Short Supply This Christmas

They are processing orders right now, so I would say within the next two weeks at the latest, Pesto

Re: Webkinz Minty Moose Possibly in Short Supply This Christmas

View Post Originally Posted by big2gray
Well, while I would like to have the Minty Moose, I won't be crying if I can't get ahold of one.

We will just have to wait and see. Rumor and speculation won't get us anywhere.
That's true. The only fact that we have is that all Bronze and Silver retailers have had their orders cut from 36 to 6.

Re: Webkinz Minty Moose Possibly in Short Supply This Christmas

Well, I hope it was a large chain, like Hallmark. That would be nice!

Re: Webkinz Minty Moose Possibly in Short Supply This Christmas

OK, so I ordered 6 of them from Ameriawade as soon as they came out, this morning I received an e-mail from Robert that due to the fact he was only getting 6, he could only send me 2.....so which 2 of my granddaughters do I give them to??? I would rather not have any then have just 2 and have to pick who gets them and who doesn't....and it's not Robert's fault, he can't ship something he doesn't have, it's just totally unfair of [notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate] to treat their retailers like that, no wonder so many of them stop selling Webkinz, I live out in the country and the nearest dealer is 65 miles away, that's why I order on-line, plus the vact that I can pre-order and know I'll get my order, this kind of puts a crimp in that don't you think?

Re: Webkinz Minty Moose Possibly in Short Supply This Christmas

If they think that if I can't get one I'll buy virtual they are mistaken. I'm all set with that.

Re: Webkinz Minty Moose Possibly in Short Supply This Christmas

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
National Retailer?? Like Wal*Mart or Toy R Us?? WOW...Then it may be more widely available than we expected. It is kind of unfair to us smaller retailers, yes BUT it may spell wider availability in the conventional sense. It might also mean more new accounts opening up. I can see why [notranslate]Ganz[/notranslate] did it. Not that it makesit any easier for me to accept that I will only have 6 Mooses on my display and more than a few unhappy customers. I wouldn't mind knowing which retailer so that I could at least recoup customer satisfaction by redirecting them.
I certainly see your point and I agree it MIGHT be easier to find. I just don't like the way the smaller retailer is treated. They were, at the beginning, at the forefront of the Webkinz craze. If it wasn't for the smaller retailer, so many of us would have NEVER picked up the cute furry animals for the grandkids and opened up this new world for them. Just disappointed, I quess.

Who's online

There are currently 11 users and 315 guests online.

Online users

  • karrit
  • blueguy
  • KarenC712
  • courage7856
  • chicken little
  • Susiejax
  • Austral
  • SGoose11
  • Winterize
  • Serena

Copyright © 2007-2016 Webkinz Insider - A Division of Kopi Enterprises, LLC
Webkinz Insider is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Webkinz Jr, Webkins, Lil'Kinz, or Webkinz Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.