Winner: blessedx5
Prize: Sapphire Gemster Gift with Purchase

Win Free Webkinz Codes Now!

Ganz Responds to Duplicate Codes Emailed To Customers


As a follow-up to our story on Friday in regards to customers receiving emails from the Webkinz eStore, it appears Ganz is responding to concerns from those affected by this error.  As you recall, many members reported receiving a confirmation from purchases made in the past.  Customers were provided with two codes for each item listed: a duplicate code mailed previously and a new code for that item.  This caused concern amongst our members who were worried their eStore accounts and quite possibly their financial information had been compromised.  Ganz has responded with the following email, provided to us by many WI members:

 

Announcement from Webkzinz eStore:

A number of eStore customers have recently received a "Your eStore Codes" email containing codes for previously-purchased eStore items. These emails were sent out in error yet we assure you that there is no reason for any concern.



The codes being sent out are the original codes that you would have received with an order that you placed on the eStore in the past. In some rare cases, an additional code has been included. If you use a code you recieved in the email that was previously unused, you will be able to keep the FC and the item you get on WebkinzWorld; we will not remove it.



Please note that if you received a new code, you are not being charged for it. We would like to remind you that Ganz considers your financial security and privacy as one of our utmost objectives. This is why our eStore does not store your credit card numbers after your transaction has been completed making it impossible for us to make any additional purchases on your behalf.



There is also some concern from customers that their eStore accounts have been accessed by other customers placing orders. Please be assured that this is not the case.



If you have any questions, please reply to this email or contact Webkinz eStore Customer Support at
webkinzestorecs@ganz.com.



We apologize for the confusion and any inconvenience that this has caused.



Your friends at Webkinz World.

Re: Breaking News: Ganz Responds to Duplicate Codes Emailed To Customers

Aw ganz. You have to many problems already.

Re: Breaking News: Ganz Responds to Duplicate Codes Emailed To Customers

It's good to see that they replyed

Re: Breaking News: Ganz Responds to Duplicate Codes Emailed To Customers

Wow thanks for the update that they did acknowledge the error and that we can have the codes

Re: Breaking News: Ganz Responds to Duplicate Codes Emailed To Customers

I think it's so great they are letting people keep the extra's they get. It's one of those rare glitches in our advantage.

Re: Breaking News: Ganz Responds to Duplicate Codes Emailed To Customers

at least they replied

Re: Breaking News: Ganz Responds to Duplicate Codes Emailed To Customers

View Post Originally Posted by calabelle
Wow thanks for the update that they did acknowledge the error and that we can have the codes
At this point it would probably cost them more to hunt down and correct the error than to just eat the loss. Plus it's good PR

Re: Breaking News: Ganz Responds to Duplicate Codes Emailed To Customers

Thank you FOM for this info! It's great to know that there is nothing to be concerned about with this situation! And a few free charms on top of it!!

Re: Breaking News: Ganz Responds to Duplicate Codes Emailed To Customers

Thanks for the info FOM!

Re: Breaking News: Ganz Responds to Duplicate Codes Emailed To Customers

wow, my parents don't let me by anything from the e-store, i really want both the floral foxes!

Re: Breaking News: Ganz Responds to Duplicate Codes Emailed To Customers

That is totally UNFAIR!! Yes it's a benefit to those that got the codes, BUT many people got MULTIPLE codes, not just 1 or 2 extra! If they are willing to let all those people have all those items, why not let all estore customers have 1 code at least??

I'm not saying that the items, if codes were used, should be taken away, BUT it's completely NOT fair to all of us who legitimately buy from the estore and not gain even one small bonus. I read some posts of people receiving 8 or more extra codes, and NOT just for charms.

I don't know what the solution would be, but this solution isn't fair either.
I'm not trying to be greedy, just fair.

Re: Breaking News: Ganz Responds to Duplicate Codes Emailed To Customers

Glad that Ganz has addressed everyone's concerns so quickly...I'm sure there are many relieved people out there!!

Re: Breaking News: Ganz Responds to Duplicate Codes Emailed To Customers

Phew! That's great that they realize that it was their error. I'm just glad that nothing is going to happen to my account, and I get to keep my grey wolf. Maugrim would have been sad if they had taken Sirius away.

Re: Breaking News: Ganz Responds to Duplicate Codes Emailed To Customers

View Post Originally Posted by noloveintennis
Phew! That's great that they realize that it was their error. I'm just glad that nothing is going to happen to my account, and I get to keep my grey wolf. Maugrim would have been sad if they had taken Sirius away.
that is cool that you get to keep the extra grey wolf. i now have a new train set and a new day and night chair. i certainly didn't expect a glitch like this and would never seek to benefit from one unless ganz said it was fine.

i am glad that they are penalizing us for their error. that was nice of them.

Re: Breaking News: Ganz Responds to Duplicate Codes Emailed To Customers

Im surprised that they replied at all. but it is also nice that they are letting peeps have the codes. for once, ganz has done somthing good for us all. lol, jk, but maybe they should make a habit of being nice.

Re: Breaking News: Ganz Responds to Duplicate Codes Emailed To Customers

I got the extra codes as well. A couple charms and another inground pool. Wish it had been one of the pets I bought instead, lol.

I even got the email from Ganz. It is nice that they were on top of this. I was ready to call this morning because I was concerned about my financial information getting out then I saw this thread and went *whew*

Re: Breaking News: Ganz Responds to Duplicate Codes Emailed To Customers

View Post Originally Posted by Babybreau
That is totally UNFAIR!! Yes it's a benefit to those that got the codes, BUT many people got MULTIPLE codes, not just 1 or 2 extra! If they are willing to let all those people have all those items, why not let all estore customers have 1 code at least??

I'm not saying that the items, if codes were used, should be taken away, BUT it's completely NOT fair to all of us who legitimately buy from the estore and not gain even one small bonus. I read some posts of people receiving 8 or more extra codes, and NOT just for charms.

I don't know what the solution would be, but this solution isn't fair either.
I'm not trying to be greedy, just fair.
This wasn't something Ganz planned on happening, so I'm not sure how you feel this isn't fair? A glitch is a glitch, it's not as though the rest of the customers have to be balanced out as a result of a programming error.

The 'free' items weren't a bonus that Ganz was randomly giving out to customers, so there's no reason that anyone else should be provided with codes.

Ganz was more than fair in their response to allow those that were affected by the error to keep the items.

I don't believe your post was greedy, but it appears more based on jealousy than fairness.

Re: Breaking News: Ganz Responds to Duplicate Codes Emailed To Customers

View Post Originally Posted by Babybreau
That is totally UNFAIR!! Yes it's a benefit to those that got the codes, BUT many people got MULTIPLE codes, not just 1 or 2 extra! If they are willing to let all those people have all those items, why not let all estore customers have 1 code at least??

I'm not saying that the items, if codes were used, should be taken away, BUT it's completely NOT fair to all of us who legitimately buy from the estore and not gain even one small bonus. I read some posts of people receiving 8 or more extra codes, and NOT just for charms.

I don't know what the solution would be, but this solution isn't fair either.
I'm not trying to be greedy, just fair.
yeah! I think I should get another purple floral fox! Freesia would be happy to have a gladiator buddy
Click the image to open in full size.

Re: Breaking News: Ganz Responds to Duplicate Codes Emailed To Customers

Thought I'd let you know.....I made a purchase on February 7 and later discovered Ganz had sent me an extra code. When I received my credit card bill I found that Ganz HAD billed me for both codesl........the one I purchased and the one they sent by mistake. I'll be calling them about it.

Thanks,
Sherry

Re: Breaking News: Ganz Responds to Duplicate Codes Emailed To Customers

View Post Originally Posted by kellykam
This wasn't something Ganz planned on happening, so I'm not sure how you feel this isn't fair? A glitch is a glitch, it's not as though the rest of the customers have to be balanced out as a result of a programming error.

The 'free' items weren't a bonus that Ganz was randomly giving out to customers, so there's no reason that anyone else should be provided with codes.

Ganz was more than fair in their response to allow those that were affected by the error to keep the items.

I don't believe your post was greedy, but it appears more based on jealousy than fairness.
Oh, I hear that and yeah, I am a bit resentful about this also. I have spent well over 200 in the estore and I get left out...so, YES, I am jealous about this BUT I will get over it

Re: Breaking News: Ganz Responds to Duplicate Codes Emailed To Customers

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
Oh, I hear that and yeah, I am a bit resentful about this also. I have spent well over 200 in the estore and I get left out...so, YES, I am jealous about this BUT I will get over it
same here. why oh why didnt i get 2 more love dino free from ganz

ohhh well thats life..lets make some lemonade

Who's online

There are currently 10 users and 195 guests online.

Online users

  • jake0023
  • Sweetfeather
  • scotlandd
  • bubblygirl897
  • lpscat123
  • MaddyKinzz
  • Sunshinepaws
  • loveyscupcake
  • wistcottage
  • 1webkinzfan

Copyright © 2007-2016 Webkinz Insider - A Division of Kopi Enterprises, LLC
Webkinz Insider is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Webkinz Jr, Webkins, Lil'Kinz, or Webkinz Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.