Winner: jamey2u
Prize: Build-A-Snow-Fort Siege Tower

Win Free Webkinz Codes Now!

Ganz Offering Free Access to Webkinz World!


Late last week, I was in contact with the Webkinz Creative Director who told me about a little-known, but likely to become very popular this summer, feature now available in Webkinz World -- free accounts! As part of a new strategy to bring in new players, Ganz is putting Webkinz World into the "freemium" arena.
 
This morning, I created a free account and took the new feature for a spin. I was unable to get the "Create a FREE account" button to appear in either Safari or Chrome, so I ended up using Firefox to create it. The free members have a great deal of content that they can access, although some missions that they cannot complete do appear (for example, the Earth Day mission requires you to play Ant Mania, but free members can't play the game). You can choose either a Mutt or Domestic Cat when selecting the pet for your free account.
 
 
In my limited time playing the game (you can watch me play a really awful couple of games of Cash Cow in the video above), there seemed to be a great deal of things available for me to do in Webkinz World. Of course, you can upgrade your account at any time with a Webkinz pet code. The things I seemed to be able to do included:
  • Quests / Missions to open up different areas of Webkinz World.
  • Arcade Games - Wheel of WOW, Candy Bash, Wishing Well 2, Wacky Zingoz, Triple Strike Solitaire, Tile Towers, Polarberry Jam, Pizza Palace, Go-Go Googles, Cash Cow
  • Alyssa's Star Quest
  • Kinzville Academy
  • W-Shop
  • Curio Shop
  • Employment Office
  • Webkinz Stadium
  • Kinzville Park
  • Adventure Park
  • Clubhouse
 
Check out the video above (or click here to watch the video) if you'd like to see me trying out the new free account and being a terrible Webkinz Interior Decorator! Please subscribe to our channel, The Insiders Network on You Tube as well!
 
I'm very excited about this new option and path for new players to discover the charm and wonder of Webkinz World that all of us have come to love. We'd love to hear what you all think!
 
If you're planning on creating a free account and want to get the most use out of it, please read our Wiki Article about the limitations on free Webkinz accounts!

Re: Ganz Offering Free Access to Webkinz World!

Thank you for the info!

Re: Ganz Offering Free Access to Webkinz World!

Hmm...this confuses me, because webkinz world is already free unless you pay for a deluxe membership. I guess this is more like a trial thing? Like, people can try it out and see if they like it before they sign up? But, I see nothing wrong with signing up for a regular webkinz account. It's free anyway and you can do more stuff.

Re: Ganz Offering Free Access to Webkinz World!

View Post Originally Posted by Arte's Fan
Hmm...this confuses me, because webkinz world is already free unless you pay for a deluxe membership. I guess this is more like a trial thing? Like, people can try it out and see if they like it before they sign up? But, I see nothing wrong with signing up for a regular webkinz account. It's free anyway and you can do more stuff.
Webkinz World hasn't been free, in the past you had to buy a pet code to start the account.

Re: Ganz Offering Free Access to Webkinz World!

Thanks for the info Justin! Do you know if these accounts expire?

We set up a few free accounts during spring celebration (to get more eggs!) and they all expired after about 3 days unless you adopted a pet.

Re: Ganz Offering Free Access to Webkinz World!

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
Webkinz World hasn't been free, in the past you had to buy a pet code to start the account.

Well, yes I knew that. I just meant you didn't have to pay for your membership unless you are deluxe.

Re: Ganz Offering Free Access to Webkinz World!

thanks for the complete info justin!!! i know several members have done the free account to see how it worked and then went on to add an actual code to make it a full account.
i tried to set one up, and my computer went totally bonkers, so i decided to hold off for a while.
i will have to go and take a look at your video.

Re: Ganz Offering Free Access to Webkinz World!

I tired firefox and wasn't able to get the button to appear. Guess this may be hit and miss for a while?

Re: Ganz Offering Free Access to Webkinz World!

View Post Originally Posted by Lioness
I tired firefox and wasn't able to get the button to appear. Guess this may be hit and miss for a while?
Could be, when I was in touch with the Creative Director, he was looking in to what regions it had been released to. Make sure to clear your cache!

Re: Ganz Offering Free Access to Webkinz World!

View Post Originally Posted by kayjay
Thanks for the info Justin! Do you know if these accounts expire?

We set up a few free accounts during spring celebration (to get more eggs!) and they all expired after about 3 days unless you adopted a pet.
My assumption is that these do not expire and can be converted into "Full Access" accounts with a new Webkinz pet code adoption at any time. I'll continue to check my account over the next few days to be sure.

Re: Ganz Offering Free Access to Webkinz World!

I made one of these awhile ago just because I thought the Cat was cute...

Re: Ganz Offering Free Access to Webkinz World!

View Post Originally Posted by adrrar
I made one of these awhile ago just because I thought the Cat was cute...
I think the cat and dog are only for Canadian members though. I would like to have the chance to try one of those pets out but then I wouldn't be able to add it to my WW account.

Re: Ganz Offering Free Access to Webkinz World!

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
My assumption is that these do not expire and can be converted into "Full Access" accounts with a new Webkinz pet code adoption at any time. I'll continue to check my account over the next few days to be sure.
I have a free acct I set up to try and then converted to full (mainly because I had one some cool prizes on there and you cannot mail or trade without full membership). The free accts also have a limit to items that can be on the dock.

Re: Ganz Offering Free Access to Webkinz World!

Thanks for the info Justin. I started several accounts during Spring Celebration, 2 mutts and 2 cats.
I did immediately adopt another pet on the accounts to make them full accounts but did it this way simply for the pet. All of the challenges involve feeding hungry pets and small accounts don't get hungry fast enough. This way, I have a free second pet on my accounts.

Re: Ganz Offering Free Access to Webkinz World!

The arcade games in the free account change on a daily basis. I am not sure of the rotation of them, but I have been able to play Smoothie Moves, Jumbleberry Fields, Wishing Well etc, but you just never know. Also, make sure you buy an outdoor room. You can only buy one extra one in addition to the one they give you. That way you can at least plant your seeds.

Re: Ganz Offering Free Access to Webkinz World!

Thanks for the great information!!

if anyone discovers any further valuable information, R3dRulez has a thread in the WIki discussion area, and if you post there too, we'll try to use the information to update the WIki.

WIki Discussion of Free Accounts


Here are some of the reports that have been gathered about limitations (since programming can change, they may be incorrect!):

In Clubhouse, a lock appears on the trading room.
Free account members are locked out of certain arcade games.
Free account members are locked out of certain room theme items in the W-Shop
Free accounts are unable to have more than 50 purchased items in their dock (greater than 50 items can be acheived by winning prizes).
Free account members can only buy one room.
Free account members are unable purchase Rare items at the Curio Shop.

but free accounts do seem like a super easy cheap way to enjoy WW, and if you upgrade, you do get to save the items you obtain (including click-to-win items/holiday items, etc.) during the free membership trial.

Re: Ganz Offering Free Access to Webkinz World!

View Post Originally Posted by LonelyGirlSG1
The arcade games in the free account change on a daily basis. I am not sure of the rotation of them, but I have been able to play Smoothie Moves, Jumbleberry Fields, Wishing Well etc, but you just never know. Also, make sure you buy an outdoor room. You can only buy one extra one in addition to the one they give you. That way you can at least plant your seeds.
Wow! thanks I did not know this!

Re: Ganz Offering Free Access to Webkinz World!

That's amazing! I'm sure this will make some people very happy.

Re: Ganz Offering Free Access to Webkinz World!

View Post Originally Posted by Arte's Fan
I think the cat and dog are only for Canadian members though. I would like to have the chance to try one of those pets out but then I wouldn't be able to add it to my WW account.
No, I recently opened two accounts in the US, one with the dog and one with the cat.

Even if you plan on adopting with another pet this is a great option for the extra pet! It really helps with the challenges and the mutt and domestic cat you get are really precious.

Re: Ganz Offering Free Access to Webkinz World!

View Post Originally Posted by Justin
Could be, when I was in touch with the Creative Director, he was looking in to what regions it had been released to. Make sure to clear your cache!
I had cleared my cache but I just tried it again and no luck in firefox still but the button came up in chrome this time. Maybe new features may be released for a little bit at a time in different browsers/on different servers? Ay any rate I was able to create the free account so I'm going to go check it out

Re: Ganz Offering Free Access to Webkinz World!

I agree about the games, they do change, though there are some I have not seen yet since I opened my free account on March 27th. For example, flutterbugged or spree has not come by yet. Though since you can only buy one room, I suggest it be a yard, since you really get stuck with the challenges.(as lonelygirlsg1 said too)

Who's online

There are currently 7 users and 487 guests online.

Online users

  • wircfan
  • Twins22
  • Maple Leaf
  • topazz1701
  • pipperroo
  • mom w charm
  • marnabear

Copyright © 2007-2014 Webkinz Insider - A Division of Kopi Enterprises, LLC
Webkinz Insider is not an official site of, sponsored by, nor affiliated with Ganz, Inc, Webkinz, Webkinz Jr, Webkins, Lil'Kinz, or Webkinz Newz and all character names, logos, and images are trademarks owned by Ganz, Inc.